• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

335 Cummins Knowlege?

mightyhammer

I have caroused the Pittsburgh Power write up on Cummins power upgrades and there ain't much there for 335's. Does anyone here have any experience with 'em or a vast knowlege of them or where to find info about? I have a real nice one that came out of an old Mack Yarder that I scrapped, and I will be putting it in my wrecker someday here soon. I am pretty sure they are very clost to the 350's with a small mod, but not sure...

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Parts are getting real hard to find. The 335 is a fossil compared to the NHC...and it's a dinosaur!! My 2cents, leave the 335 alone, look for an NHC or better yet an NTC.

Bolkbich

Bigger turbo and a different button in the pump. The 335 is a great engine. Call pittsburgh diesel, they'll set you up. I had one in an autocar dump ,480 HP pulled like a monster. I worked it everyday.

mightyhammer

Yea, Will, I hear ya. I have a BCII that I am building, but just for now that 335 should be fine till the 400 is ready. That dang 250 is just too puny for a dang 35000lb. wrecker, let alone a cargo truck. The 335 I have has only around 400 hours on an inframe when it powered the yarder. I just don't have a lot of info on it cuz, like you said.... It surely is a dinosaur! I have heard that they were a pretty good engine in their day, just wasn't sure what the difference was between it and the 350. Thanks Bolk for the info!

JH1

The 335 has piston coolers, so you can potentially crank it up to 400 HP. Set the pump higher, get the larger injectors. I think it would be a good engine. If you put a commercial 335 into a mil truck, you'll need the offset bell housing (mil Cummins engines sit to the side a bit to clear the front driveline) and a slightly different oil pan that has to miss the pumpkin. I have an offset belll housing and mil oil pan I'd sell if you need them. Located near Seattle. Also have the front motor mount, which is also offset a bit.
Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks