• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Info on Navy Bath Unit EC8B-64 trailer Rare?

mikeseal43

Hello all Steel Soldiers Website Users! This is my first post. I have a Very weird Navy Trailer. Its a model EC8B-64. Dated 1970 with seabees stenciled on the sides. The trailer is dated 1969. It says 24 Head Bath Unit. Does anyone have any info on this trailer? What is the value? How many were made? How and where used? I have pics if anyone is interested in seeing it! Thanks! Mike Seal.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post some pics up. Use the manage attachement link to post them direct. If it's the one I'm thinking, it's based on the M103A3 chassis. I've bid but never won any. Sounds like a good rally trailer. BTW, welcome aboard.

M1031CMT

Only ever seen one pic of that trailer. After looking for a while I found the pic.

They have an on board water heater and have poles with shower heads on them to setup a shower area I believe. Though I have never seen one setup. Only a closed up unit.

I have also heard it of being used to heat water for the clothes washer trailers.

By your questions, I would guess you are hoping it is something very special and worth a lot of money.

No idea how many where made or anything like that. I have heard of them, but never seen one in person. Wouldn't call it rare, but very uncommon. But just because they are not many of them, doesn't make them worth a ton of money.

Someone around here bought one of the newer shower units a while back that opens up like an MKT and has shower units inside. Was neat.

Hopefully yours is in good shape.

Attachments

M1031CMT

I looked online but didn't find any manuals or any other useful information. Looks like they were fazed out quite a while ago. Most likely replaced by the water buffalo's that you can heat up with a swingfire heater. Or the newer shower trailers that fold out like an MKT.

It is mentioned in reference in the manuals on the laundry/clothes washing trailer units (which would make sense as they would be together when setting up camp), but not much else.

Your unit looks like it has been sitting for some time and is missing things. If you could clean it up and get it working, you would probably have a nice unit on your hands and it would be worth some money. But as it sits, the unit is just a big paperweight at the moment. unless you can get it working, it won't be worth much more than that.

It would be great to use at shows to provide hot water for showers or cleaning.

What are your plans for the trailer?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That would come in REAL handy at Haspin rally. After 3 days of offroading, you tend to get a little covered in mud and dust.

mikeseal43

Here are some more pics! Thank ya'll for all the info! Well, I guess I should put this trailer in the classifieds. I just came to the conclusion that I would like to sell it. I could use the money towards my halftrack or jeep. Should I cancel this forum page and list a new in the classifieds?

Attachments

M1031CMT

Post it in the classified section. But I wouldn't delete the thread (not that you can). It might help someone else in the future who is looking for info on the same trailer.

It is missing some parts and needs work, but you should be able to find a buyer. Naturally depending on the price you will be asking.

Good luck.

Last edited:

tbearatkin

Okay here are some of the replies no pictures yet but time will tell

Dan No pictures but I've used it

Gerald They had a habit of breaking the electrodes in the boiler...Kept the UT's busy to keep one running...

CharlesYa they were a pain in the back side. Move the unit a foot and you had to reset the electrodes as they would assuredly drop. The magic formula was nickle, nickle, dime. Used to take a nickle and use the thickness of it to get the gap between the electrodes then use it to get the height from the nozzle and then use a dime to get the set distance in front of the nozzle. worked every time for me. I did see one where the combustion was set wrong and watched the exhaust stack go flying quite a distance.

Charles I was told by my Company Chief way back that it was originally a shower decon unit. But I don't know that for a fact.

Gerald Chuck, I believe that is accurate.. I'm pretty sure they dated back to the Korean War.. and they were originally designed to act as a Chemical Decon Unit...

Me Thanks guys, prob took a cold shower with one on the fex but never paid attention to how it worked. So it was self contained unit except for a steady water source in that it had a engine that powered the pump and the generator that powered the electrodes? Or did it need another power source for those?

Charles
No it was ran on Mogas.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks