• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radio power plug

CGarbee

Asking for a buddy who is not near a HMMWV right now and my "goto" guy at work has left for the day...

Does anyone know exactly what the socket where the power cable to the radio plugs into looks like? Buddy who called is working up a deal for some cables, but needs to make sure that they will plug into the truck...

Obviously, I don't have a HMMVW handy either...

For example, both the M38 and M37 could have a power plug installed that consisted of a cable that had leads that attached to the frame and the high battery positive post that was then routed to a standard location on the vehicle that provided a place to plug in the radio setup. The end where the cable from the radio power supply plugged in was a three pin connector...

I'd like to know dimensions and a part number for the plug if possible.

TIA

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The "radio power cable" has terminal ends that go right on the battery cable post clamps, them the other end plugs right into the radio mount. There are several lengths, and some small differences inbetween the SINCGARS cable and the VRC 12 series one. This is an example of a SINCGARS one.. http://cgi.ebay.com/20-Power-Cable-...sPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

If that doesnt work, check ebay Item# 190063121180
Let me knbow if you need more help.

I got the SINCGARS system installed in my M998, and when I was in the Army, I installed dozens of them.

CGarbee

OK, so they are bassically combining two cables (the M37/38 style setup) with one single cable... Thanks.
I think that will pretty much answer his question.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks