• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

REB kit for tranny questions

davesgmc

I ahve a question about this "REB" kit for the auto trannies. Are thee any internal mods done to the trans? I ahve a chance to buy a reman trans. It was rebuilt supposedly by memphis quite some time ago and ahs sat on a shlef as a spare. I dont know anyhting else about it. It ahs no converter nor bell housing. I assume I can use my original bell housing? I dont want to use my converter, the trans i ahve is full of metal, and I am sure its in the converter too? Is there a way to clean it out? Is the converter a one piece unit like most passenger car units? or is it bolted together? Is there anyhting I should look for on this rebuilt trans?

deuceman51

There are no internal mods for the REB kits. Simply replaces the existing valve assembly and you bolt on the new one and run a lever up to the shift tower. Very easy and nice kit to install. PM me if you want a REB kit. I have one brand new one left that I would like to sell, it's in the classified section.

davesgmc

so I shouldnt worry about the trans already having it installed? I dont have the kit in my truck right now. There are no mods that could be done to this used trans i found that may have this is what your saying?

deuceman51

I might have misunderstood you. Are you saying that the "rebuilt" tranny you might get has the REB kit on it or not? There are no internal mods to installing the REB kit. You simply unbolt the valve assembly on the side of the tranny and drop in the new REB one. Hope I haven't confused you.

davesgmc

ok, that makes a little more sense. is there a way to tell if the reb assy has been bolted to this tranny? the valve or what ever it is? I was told the trans was rebuilt by memphis, so it amy be possible that it laready has part of the reb kit installed?
I just dont want to mess it up once i get it if its in there and i am not using it right or what ever

the REb kit can be instaled when the trans mission is in the truck .doing it when the trans mission is out would be easer . a few years ago I instaled a rebuilt trans mission in my truck from Memphis and tried for what seams like for ever to get all the linkages ajusted because every thing is connected at one point on the shaft on the trans mission on the high side the trans shifts by road speed and on the low side it shifts at motor rpm .if you ajust your idle on the carburetor it can change the shifting this trans missions are bad about hunting between gears . after instaling the REB the truck drives perfect no hunting between gears pulls hills and holds back on hills much better . and it has over 5000 miles on it by now the kit blocks out high reverse with is said be the cause of transmission problem . the bell housing that is on the motor you use has to be used with the new trans mission it is 2 piece . as for the converter Memphis may have one

deuceman51

You will notice the REB kit because it will have a linkage coming out and to another shifter to the left of the main shift tower. It actually bolts onto the left side of the shift tower. If you had some pics it would help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks