• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help...locating cicuit id tags on m1101 harness

tracerbow

So I am in the middle of replacing the 12 pin plug with a 7 pin round in order to tow with my vehicle. Trailer will only be towed by civy vehicle so not keeping the 12 pin plug. Have read the lengthy electrical post and thankful for the info.

Problem is I have now stripped back about 12 inches from the mil harness cover and have not found any aluminum id tags....how far should I have to go? Anyone with an 1101 or 1102 have this problem?

Any input is appreciated...thx .

steelandcanvas

The numbers should be on the trailer end, near where they come out of the cable and become singular wires. There should also be a small holder with spring clips to hold the individual connectors. You can see this by crawling under the trailer.

Edit: Oops, I re-read your post and I think you might be speaking of the truck end. :oops:

Last edited:

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What end did you strip? Only the end with the wires that plug into the body harness has the metal circut tags. If you cut off the 12 pin plug, you will need to meter out the 4 wires you need.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks