• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Long Haul from Bridgeport,CT to Portland, OR

pa.rich

If you are doing the driving, you could winch it on a small triler, if you need to rent one, Uhaul has double axle trailers. They take the weight. With the 65" height, be sure to chain it to keep it from tipping. Yes, thats a long haul.Be careful
I dont know what a trucker would want, but I imagine if you had the time it would be cheaper to have your own trailer and drive it yourself. The mileage on the rental could kill you.A trailer for 1K you would get alot of use out of and a good single axle trailer with the 15" tires would hold the weight, and it would be yours.You may be able to find a used one with the two axles for a grand and that would tril even better and take the weight better. Check haulers on "Yesterdays Tractors " site in the left side column. Contact them, maybe someone there can give you an idea what it would cost to have it hauled for you. If thats the way you need to go.Good luck.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I would try to find a "Hot Shot Rig", basically a commercial dually pickup truck with gooseneck trailer.
These guys specialize in smaller loads and are cheaper than regular freight lines. Sometimes they are looking for something to fill out a trailer.
There are also sites out there where you post your pickup point, destination and load and truckers bid on moving your item.
Just be sure you verify credientials and don't pay until you are satisfied with the service.

No.2Diesel

I am right across the Sound from Bport. I would do it in a second except my truck isn't in the best shape for a cross continent trip (front axle seals, boots, both sides.) I'm sorry that I am of no assistance. :(

2deuce

I posted it on USHIP and got a couple of bids in the $1200 range. I will probably take one of those if spmething else doesn't come up very soon. I don't have the time to do it myself and its hard to imagine a trip like that in my Deuce even if I had the time. At 50mph it would take at least 2 weeks! Greg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks