• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Carb and Fuel pump on Mule

Skeeter

I read that both the carb and fuel pump on mule is usually a problem to the new improved gas we now buy at the pump.
What as the best replacements for these Mule parts?

Is a rebuild of carb and pump the way to go, or replacement with new, different than original items?

Thanks

m816

We no longer have Bill Watson to turn to so I guess You will have to find a Mule dealer and buy parts from them

rosie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello all,

We too have experienced problems with the ethanol in the gas. John Emory has plenty of spare carburators and pumps, and if you go on the G503 site there is a lot of wonderful information on there to help you. John Emory bought out Bill Watson's stock when he retired.

As far as ethanol is concerned, it may be a suggestion to google up to see if there are any ethanol free stations in your area or alternatively, if none are available, remove the ethanol from the fuel yourself which is a simple process to do.

PM us if you would like any further information and we will do our best to help you.

Kevin & Nancy, "rosie"

mutt_kahuna

M274 fule pumps

I've found the best price for a mule fuel punp at FLMV and saturn surplus...OR you can order one from your local o'reillys,shucks..one even had free shipping to the store...it's an Airtex #1202...as for the carbs..from time to time you'll see real good deals on ebay with free shipping.
No rebuild kits that I know of for the carb.That could change as the supply of NOS carbs dry up.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello all,

We too have experienced problems with the ethanol in the gas. As far as ethanol is concerned, it may be a suggestion to google up to see if there are any ethanol free stations in your area.

Shell gas is 100% gasoline with no ethanol. I was also thinking of the additives to use for storage like PRIG-G.

BryanMichenfelder

Shell gas is 100% gasoline with no ethanol. I was also thinking of the additives to use for storage like PRIG-G.
Shell 91 is ethanol free, its what I use, no issues.

Having made some inquiries and found some interesting facts for the Muleteers out there.

In Canada and USA: Shell V-Power 91 is ethanol Free across Canada and the USA.

Canadian Tire 91 is also ethanol Free across Canada.

Alberta, Nova Scotia: all stations dispense ethanol-free gasoline.
Some also dispense E10, a ethanol Blend,so check the pump.

British Columbia and USA: all 94-octane Chevron fuel is ethanol-free.

Ontario: Co-Op gas has between 5 and 15% ethanol in most blends,
not friendly to rubber etc.

Hope this helps all, I will be sticking with Shell V-Power 91 I think for my Mule.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks