• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M100 24v to 12v conundrum

accusedslacker

Okay, so I have scoured the threads and have another question. It seems to me the easiest way to hook the trailer up to my Jeep would be to get an adapter:Military Trailer Adapter Cable (Civilian Trailer on a Military Vehicle), X-6035 then switch out the 24v bulbs for 12v bulbs. However, I plan on switching out the axle to an aftermarket one with electric brakes. I know the 7-blade has a blade for electric brakes but it doesn't look like the 12 pin does. How do I make the connectors cooperate with each other or would I be better off running a whole new 12v 7-blade harness and scraping the 24v harness? Or am I way off base and there is a much easier plan? Thanks, Mike

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are going to swap the axle you may as well change the harness. It is a pretty small trailer for needing brakes though. M100's are getting harder to find in nice origional condition.

You can make those adapters if you have the rear cannon plug off a MV, run LED bulbs so it works both 12-24V and keep it original-if you can live without brakes. (it's what i'd do) 2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks