• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M262 Nike Missile Launch Control Station?

jdknech

i found a trailer in a field, and when i asked the owner about it, he said he thought it was a surgery trailer.. but the only thing i can find that looks like it is a "Nike Missile Launch Control Station" (waaaay cool! lol) he told me to make him a offer on it, and it could be mine... anybody have any info on these? like how do they pull going down the road, what are they worth, how heavy? the one i found is not road worthy, but is not too far gone.. prolly just needs break work(there stuck) and tires and paint.. here is a couple of pics.. this is not the trailer i found (i forgot to take pics) but one just like it... thanks for any info- Josh

Attachments

foxmike

Don't have much info for you other than that looks like a trailer I have seen in pictures of Nike sites. There is a picture toward the bottom of this site.
sf88

Great find!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pic from the site for those who can't see the link.

Pretty cool trailer, if anything for the history associated with it. Was the control van for the launch system on the Nike missiles. I'd guess it weighs about 5 tons empty. I think a deuce could handle towing it for a short while, a 5-ton would be better.

Attachments

jdknech

I was kinda hoping to turn it into a camper to pull behind my deuce.. The guy wants scrap price for it.. But we weren't sure what it weighed.. So that helps. Now to find the funds to bring it home.. :cool:

68t

I did time in the army on a nike base, during the cuban cricsis. It looks like one of the ifc van. If the price is right, buy it.

Stalwart

What do you think killed my back :cookoo:

They are very dangerous, you pick one up and it kills your back. Other than that, 7' of harmless pretty aluminum for display. I'd like to have a demilled motor but they are just too big.

jdknech

This is one of those "make me a offer" deals.... I hate those.. Mostly because I have no clue what it's really worth.. I came up with close to $1000 scrap value. That sound about right?

Last edited:

Stalwart

I bet that sucker is pretty heavy, but you're probably spot on in the scrap value, probably a lot of aluminum there in the body. I'd worry about the trailer pulling around the Deuce, not the other way around. I certainly wouldn't pull it with an empty Deuce . . . 2¢

Flyingvan911

We have an old Nike site northeast of Kansas City. It is the living quarters. We use it for airsoft. The actual silos are about 1/2 mile away and are owned by someone else.

That trailer looks useful.

RayK

I've got the same one and towed it from MD to GA - not a pleasant experience. It tried to turn itself and my tractor over on a couple of interstates. Tow it slow, especially on even slight curves, it's top heavy.

quickfarms

I've got the same one and towed it from MD to GA - not a pleasant experience. It tried to turn itself and my tractor over on a couple of interstates. Tow it slow, especially on even slight curves, it's top heavy.
Ditto

It has the dreaded coil springs on it.

The DOT might pull you over, those trailers are not safe on the highway

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Any trailer with axles on each end are scary to pull ...:shock:...Have fresh pampers with you ......:)......
NOT SO, doubles and triples, go down the road every day, transfer dumps (they pull a full trailer) are a every day thing in CA., hay OTR rigs with 26' trailers go down the road all the time., bottom hopper doubles are seen everywhere., short log haulers use a straight truck and a full trailer. so with this said, not quite sure where this came from unless this is a personal comment

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks