• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Debt of Gratitide

cjcottrill

I owe a special debt of gratitude to RUSS132 from Kelley's Island. While visiting Port Clinton, I thought I would respond to one his postings about having some cots for sale. We exchanged several e-mails, and he offered me an outstanding deal. Unfortunately I was driving my wife's car and simply did not have room. In one of my e-mails, I mentioned that I was looking to purchase 1-2 to add to the display I set up for special occasions at the local VA Medical Center. We could never get our schedules to meet, but Russ called a friend who placed the cots on the ferry to Marblehead. He told me how to pick them up at the landing. He refused all offers for payment. I even had trouble getting the freight terminal to accept the payment for delivery! The lady at the terminal said "Russ is a great guy, he has one of those big trucks that runs on french fry oil." Here's to Russ, a really good Joe; many thanks, they will be on display the week end of the 23rd at the VA in Chillicothe.

Last edited:

steelandcanvas

I'll second the motion about Russ being a great Guy! I sent him some small parts, and asked him to put the cost of the ride in my PayPal account. He did, and I sent the parts to him, however the postage was about twice what he put in account. He brought this to my attention, and I told him a deal was a deal, he didn't owe me anything. I figured it was my mistake and I was willing to eat a few bucks for the error. He sent the parts he didn't need back with money to cover my error in postage, and a nice surprise in the box also. A truly upstanding Gentleman, an asset to the Steel Soldiers Community, and a pleasure to do business with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks