• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Really dumb question related to oil

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, I'm gonna get some flak over this for being a little green in the MV resto field (good thing I'm not yellow!), but what type of oil does the standard M715 series use, if still equipped with the 230cid straight six? 10W30? 20W50? It sounds dumb, I know, but all the manuals I have give a MIL number for the oil type and can't seem to find the right answer. I know all the rest of the driveline (tranny, transfer and 2 diffs) use 90 weight gear oil, the brakes use DOT3, and the radiator fluid is standard 1:1 antifreeze/water. But not knowing the oil type is driving me up the wall!

texas-5-ton

Hey Mike, I used to have a 725 with the Tornado engine in it and I always ran 10W30. I never had any problems with it and it had good pressure. Hope this helps.

Chad

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks