• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

4/5 point harness

pinzkid

Hey guys I wanna install a 4 or 5 point harness in the pinz, I was thinking about taking the fencing off, and bolting a bar across. I know it's not needed but it's mostly to calm people who freak out while wheeling, and it's pretty cool. Does anyone have any pics of their install, I'm thinking corbeau, since I have and love their seats

Thanks
Brady
Pinzgauer 710m
Ps. Does anyone know why real4x4forums.com isn't coming up,it could just be that I'm in turkey, but that doesnt make much sense? Thanks guys
:popcorn:

undysworld

Brady,

You may have trouble retrofitting the harness in due to the weird mounting point of the inboard lap strap. I've never seen a successful modification of the front seat belts beyond the original design. You might want to try to install some mount into the cage, as the cage is a big part of the ROPS in a Pinz. Removing the cage might make the truck more dangerous, IMHO.

Corbeau seats might be a good option. I believe they were original, or optional at least, in the civi Pinz shown in the old Pinz America sales brochure, circa 1979-ish. I use Honda CRX seats, largely because they are low enough and narrow enough to fit into the passenger side.

Real4x4s seemed fine for me yesterday. I have no idea why you'd have trouble.

Cheers,
Paul

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks