• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 Trailer Identification

shankspony

Hello all... I've recently bagged an older 3/4 ton trailer from GL at Fort Hood. I'll be recovering it in the next month or so after my initial EUC clears. It is listed as an M101 (US) and I thought it has got to be an M101A1, but then I noticed the parking brake handles. Being that the levers are inside the frame, this seems to indeed fit the pattern of the early US M101s. The data plate(s) are gone from the trailer.

I'm sure there are experts on parking brake levers and trailers here... I haven't seen a definitive post on the difference between an M101 and M101A1... A2/A3 yes, but not the former.

A little help?

TIA!

Attachments

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has M101A2/3 rear fiberglass gate boards so that may be confusing you. It is a M101 though. The brake handles are unique to the M101.

Storm 51

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, there is a swing open gate above the tail gate. I think you might also have fiberglass in the railing above the front of the bed. Originally the M101 and the M101A1's had oak railings all the way around. It looks like your side rails are still wood. I can't tell if they are oak though.

Enjoy your new trailer!

Storm 51

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks