• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MY New M101A2

KsM715

Looks like an a3 model. A3's have the wider bed with widerfender flares with the HMMWV rims and tires. Check to see if it has the offset axle. (hard to tellfrom the pic but it looks like it may)

K9Vic

I will agree, it is an A3. It is a very clean and nice looking trailer, congratulations. If you are towing it back home make sure you stop after about 10 miles and 30 miles there after to check the hubs for heat. If they are really hot you will need to take care of that. Likely they will be fine as the trailer looks like new. I would also suggest if you have it bring a spare. I always do this when I pick up trailers from Hooks as it is a 200 mile trip more me.

Never trust what is said in a GL listing, inspect or study the pictures. I have seen many times A2 trailers listed, but it was really an A3. Or even in some cases an A1 listed, but was a A2.

I have even seen a M1009 maintenance truck that was really and clearly a M1031, but the door was replaced with a M1009 and GL did not catch it and listed it wrong.

I do not know what it is about them, but I love these military trailers. I am really thinking about getting a nice 3 color wilderness M101A2 to pull bind my M1031 for shows and parades. Price is high compared to going to GL directly, but rarely do I see good non-tan trailers locally. I wish I lived in the country with allot of land as I would probably start collecting military trailers. I just think it looks so cool seeing one being pulled behind a military truck.

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
OK guys just got it home it rides sweet has a drop down axle with Humvee tires and combat rims... GL put the M101A2 off the rust Proof tag but the aka real data plate said 1-Ton-2W- M116A3 guess the U.S. army made a M116A3 to a M101A3 .....aua

Question i'm trying to get a SF-97 how would I put this? the real data plate? or the rust proof tag but if it's a M101A3 how would I do that?

and can someone tell me the weight and GVWR of a M101A2? and the Year has been messed up cant see the year any ideas?

Kind of wanted a M101A2 for my M1009 :(

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M116, is the chassis(frame). The bed designates what model trailer it is. Yours is an M101A3.

All the data and pictures of the data plates, are in TM 9-2330-202-14&P.

MuleMac01

M116, is the chassis(frame). The bed designates what model trailer it is. Yours is an M101A3.

All the data and pictures of the data plates, are in TM 9-2330-202-14&P.

ya but Doghead on the SF-97 shouldI put M101A2?? thats on the invoice ( had to enter this to title it) or just say beep it and do the M101A3? and what about the year?

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The reason one is required to wait until after they have the vehicle in question is because GL knows they have the wrong info on most things.

The chassis would have a M116A3 data tag and the tub would have a M101A3 data tag.
perhaps your M101A3 tag is MIA.
If you only have the tag on the chassis I'd send the Sf97 in with the chassis data.
Here in Michigan none of that really matters as there is no title for a small utility trailer, just a registration.
I.E. my chassis is a 93 M116A2 and the tub is a 1968 case master M101A1
my reg says '68 Case Master and the vin from he tub. no place for a model #

Why would you want an A2 over an A3 for your M1009??????????

MuleMac01

The reason one is required to wait until after they have the vehicle in question is because GL knows they have the wrong info on most things.

The chassis would have a M116A3 data tag and the tub would have a M101A3 data tag.
perhaps your M101A3 tag is MIA.
If you only have the tag on the chassis I'd send the Sf97 in with the chassis data.
Here in Michigan none of that really matters as there is no title for a small utility trailer, just a registration.
I.E. my chassis is a 93 M116A2 and the tub is a 1968 case master M101A1
my reg says '68 Case Master and the vin from he tub. no place for a model #

Why would you want an A2 over an A3 for your M1009??????????

yep just checked TUB data plate is missing also the tiedown and lift data plate

M101A2 is better for a M1009 because of the rims and tires you can change em out if need be and also the ride height.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks