• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mini GA rally?

Should we consider a mini GA rally?

• Yes

Votes: 41 80.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Other - Please explain in a post.

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So I've been talking to the owner of a local mud park. They have over a hundred acres. The park is geared for more or less mudding. But there's some places that we could probably ride around at on the property. There's plenty of land for a gathering and to have a swap meet. I've also asked if we could camp out there as well and make it a multiple day event. So my question to everyone is, should we consider a mini rally? I don't want to distract from the offical GA rally. But this could be a great warm up. Or something we could plan in the spring of the year. Anyhow, here's their website.

Home - West Georgia Mud Park

Please vote and let me know what you think.

3dAngus

I made that suggestion a while back, offering to organize at the Ga. National Fair, with about 1500 acres. I wrote a couple of state sponsors of other MV events and solicited their opinion and or support, making sure they were aware it would be on a date that should represent a no-impact to their events.

My take was, right or wrong, no response represents a negative response.

I say, go for it.

A year is way to long to wait for another.

CycleJay

Hello Patracy,

I think it would be a good idea. A year to wait for such a thing is a bit long.
Also, it would also be good so that it can be attended by people that cannot make it,
to the main rally for some reason (distance, time/dates, etc...)

I just looked it up, Tallapoosa,Ga at least for me is ALOT closer and more possible,
then Union Point, Ga.. I am sure it may be good for some others too.

But it is your decision, and your decision should be respected, no matter how you decide.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A spring Rally would be cool. The GA National Fair grounds are awesome as 3dAngus says but I am game for anything!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
It's a dream come true I tell ya...well if it happens..:roll:

I think Clinto's GA Rally is held at the perfect time in Oct...it's a little nippy at night/early morning but usually warms up quickly when the sun comes up. I just love it...so did MB and she will be a repeat customer!:grin:

So...that leaves the rest of the year except for Zouts annual shindig in April.:drool:

I'm gonna vote a definate YES and hope we can work out times/dates that does not detract from other events too much.

I'm chomping at the bit to see when most GA fellers and those close enough to attend wanna do it!:-D

Attachments

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I thought about the mud park because people can still get out and play with their vehicles. If something breaks, CSI is only 5 minutes away. (If we do something during the week) I'm fine with something happening in the spring since we're getting closer to the GA rally time.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Too dam hot this time of year.
Maybe in the early spring......April is about 6 months from the Oct rally.
How about if we hold it at the CAMO compound?
That's been brought up before Richard...and I have space for an admin type rally...ie., cooking, eating, vehicle show etc,.
Sadly there is no chance of any offroading/trailriding etc. close to the "hooch".

Also...the Compound is not a place where we could have a big campfire and let our hair down. We have very strict "security issues" outside the truck shop area.
So...that would be a no-go for an official mini rally.

Last edited:

wilfreeman

I voted yes before I looked up the location - 300 miles would be a little far for me. ****, the 200 miles to the official rally in October.

I think that a Spring rally would be an excellent idea (no college football or deer season to compete with). Considering the proximity to Alabama, it could be a GA/AL rally.

zout

Seeing as your just kicking the concept around a bit anyhow - here is another possibility.

LA rally is around the end of April and we worked together so there were no problems (very easy task).

I would be willing to incorporate and drop the idea of cooking at the DZ and bring the grille to a spring rally. I am not a top notch Mike MKT fella - but then again I do not think anyone got poisoned off the food either.

An if you decide along with all the rest of the Ga folks a spring rally is a good thing and workable - and IF the date would fall to when the cookouts I had at the DZ - I would totally drop the cookout and just come to this one wether you wanted bbq or not..

How simple can that be :driver:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I thought about the mud park because people can still get out and play with their vehicles. If something breaks, CSI is only 5 minutes away. (If we do something during the week) I'm fine with something happening in the spring since we're getting closer to the GA rally time.
I just checked that site...looks like about 120 miles from Columbus.
That's easy striking distance for CAMO.:jumpin:

I think maybe a three day weekend might be better than planning something during the week. It's kinda hard for most folks to get off but sometimes we can sneek in a Friday and stay thru sometime Sunday.:grin:

I stand ready to hide in the woods consuming charred mamal flesh and drinking "hooch water" til I start howling at the moon!:drool:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Spring is best but should stay away from Aberdeen and NJ Rally dates. March or early April would be best.

Both locations have pluses and minuses.

Having it near CSI is good for the reason mentioned if someone breaks something. It also is a mudder event not that I would mud my vehicles.

Having it at the fair grounds should actually be held while another event IS going on as long as we control ourselves somewhat. The NJ Show had a wedding and a multi-day horse show. This brought others over to view our vehicles. The positive to this is, it helps grow the hobby or at least let people know we're not a bunch of anti gov retards.

Im all for a rally would love to eventually attend one and be able to meet a few of you fine folks on Steel Soldiers But 512 miles which is an 8 Hour and 45 min drive in a stock m1008 Thats just 1 step away from abuse lol Sorry yall i have to say thats not feasible for me at this Time i wish the best of luck to all involved :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks