• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida Round Up...

devilman96

After seeing what the GA boys have been up to this past fall I've been considering a meet some time in later Feb before it gets to hot.

My father (a avid forum wall fly) has 100 acres plus in west Orlando which would be prefect for a weekend get together / trail ride / BBQ / camp out / what ever... He has been daring enough to offer the place up to us if we would like to put our MV's up to the test.

Any takers on plotting a road trip say Feb 24-25?

EDIT FROM A LATER POST...

The meet will be held in Clermont, FL which is about 45 minutes west of Disney world.

All SS members and families are welcome... I would also like to extend and invitation to the local Pinz and Mog community in the area!! Reguardless of your ride, don't feel bad if your iron is down and out, we would love to have you there and there's always room to hitch a ride for the trail rides. GA guys please don't be shy, its about 2 hours by MV!!!

The location is central to the state with access via the FL turnpike, 75, I4, Hwy 50 and Hwy 27... No matter where your coming from the "long haul" of the trip is highway.

GPS, Google Earth and Map savvy guys... 28* 24'18.18" N and 81* 51' 53.08" W .... This is 2 - 2.5 miles west of Seminole Lake Glider Port off of Hwy 33 in Lake county.

The property is located approximately 2 miles off of the pavement on a un managed road... Its drivable by any vehicle but getting there is like a trail ride in its self!

Pending the response a pig roast will be in order on Friday evening... Hot dogs and hamburgers Sat afternoon /eve... Otherwise its up to you.

I am planning a weekend out of it...IE Rough camping (be honest with yer spouse boys)... I will bring a 15KW gen set for dusk use only (no one wants to listen to that day and night), Travel trailer, tents, your cab, all is fair game and there is plenty of room. The nearest hotels are in Kissimmee, FL and about 45 mins by deuce. Firewood is everywhere for collection; grills, charcoal are not needed but its up to you.

Firearms are welcome but due to safety issues we will set up a range and open it on Saturday afternoon for a few hours... Other wise I must ask that they stay securely out of sight and out of mind in you vehicles AT ALL TIMES!!! Were shooting for a family event here, no pun intended. You C3 guys are more than welcome to shake the dust off your stuff, please mind your stamps blah blah blah..

ATV's, golf carts, etc are welcome to responsible riders.

Pets are welcome but be mindful of your fellow MV'ers their wives, children other pets and wildlife that can get hungry (not kidding).

Cellular service is generally lost within approximately 10 miles of the property... Verizon customers whom want to climb a tree at 12AM MIGHT get a call out... your text / sms service generally works 24/7... Other wise I know of no other carrier with signal in the area.

There is enough mud to loose a division of tracked vehicles in and more trail to be blazed than we could possibly drive in a weekend. The property offers some respectable obstacles (for Florida...lol) and plenty of good solid ground for those whom don't like "testing" their MV's.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be off on paternity leave during that time. I'll have to do a little squigling to even try to get away. Let me see what I can do.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Why don't you Florida jokers come up here?

At some point, Ryan is going to organize a trail ride to the top of a mountain in North Georgia and we're gonna camp out, bivuoac style. BIG cookout.

Even crazy Westech is gonna come down from Wisconsin for it!!! If he can pull that, surely you sunburnt and sandy critters can ride a few hours North.....

:beer:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a very long day's ride from here. Maybe 14 hrs. So thats 2 days of travel and 2 days of fuel. Sorry,
i can't do that until I'm retired. Fun but not possible.

fordlotus

I'm new to writing on this site, but not new to veiwing and getting information from it. I want to get more involved with commenting and get togethers with this site. Dad was in the airforce for 27 years and of couse we love the equipment. We now have 5 cucv's and 2 m51a2 dumps. Just for play. We are located in Cocoa and look forward to hearing from and helping those on this site.

Here's a tip, I was taking one of the dumps from gainsville to cocoa last month and there is a little 1/4 inch cloth braided oil line about 6 inches long that runs behind the fuel injector pump on the 465 1a. Check it regularly! It burst in Ocala and dropped approx 6 gallons of oil on the grond in a matter of seconds. Before I could get off the road and shut it down the rods bearings were knocking. It went back to gainville under tow. Check this hose. if there is a slight fuel leak on it it may break down faster.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good point fordlotus and welcome aboard. Great site and we welcome your comments and insight. Going to Orlando next month?

fordlotus

I think I could make it to Orlando if you guys were going to organize something. That sounds like a lot of fun. I'll have to check the calendar. I'm glad you guys are so close.

devilman96

A bump to drum up some interest on the idea ...

The meet will be held in Clermont, FL which is about 45 minutes west of Disney world.

All SS members and families are welcome... I would also like to extend and invitation to the local Pinz and Mog community in the area!! Reguardless of your ride, don't feel bad if your iron is down and out, we would love to have you there and there's always room to hitch a ride for the trail rides. GA guys please don't be shy, its about 2 hours by MV!!!

The location is central to the state with access via the FL turnpike, 75, I4, Hwy 50 and Hwy 27... No matter where your coming from the "long haul" of the trip is highway.

GPS, Google Earth and Map savvy guys... 28* 24'18.18" N and 81* 51' 53.08" W .... This is 2 - 2.5 miles west of Seminole Lake Glider Port off of Hwy 33 in Lake county.

The property is located approximately 2 miles off of the pavement on a un managed road... Its drivable by any vehicle but getting there is like a trail ride in its self!

Pending the response a pig roast will be in order on Friday evening... Hot dogs and hamburgers Sat afternoon /eve... Otherwise its up to you.

I am planning a weekend out of it...IE Rough camping (be honest with yer spouse boys)... I will bring a 15KW gen set for dusk use only (no one wants to listen to that day and night), Travel trailer, tents, your cab, all is fair game and there is plenty of room. The nearest hotels are in Kissimmee, FL and about 45 mins by deuce. Firewood is everywhere for collection; grills, charcoal are not needed but its up to you.

Firearms are welcome but due to safety issues we will set up a range and open it on Saturday afternoon for a few hours... Other wise I must ask that they stay securely out of sight and out of mind in you vehicles AT ALL TIMES!!! Were shooting for a family event here, no pun intended. You C3 guys are more than welcome to shake the dust off your stuff, please mind your stamps blah blah blah..

ATV's, golf carts, etc are welcome to responsible riders.

Pets are welcome but be mindful of your fellow MV'ers their wives, children other pets and wildlife that can get hungry (not kidding).

Cellular service is generally lost within approximately 10 miles of the property... Verizon customers whom want to climb a tree at 12AM MIGHT get a call out... your text / sms service generally works 24/7... Other wise I know of no other carrier with signal in the area.

There is enough mud to loose a division of tracked vehicles in and more trail to be blazed than we could possibly drive in a weekend. The property offers some respectable obstacles (for Florida...lol) and plenty of good solid ground for those whom don't like "testing" their MV's.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Oh man, it's on!!

I see how it is, you Florida guys trying to outdo us Ga. guys.

Wait till you see what we put together next!

*clinto puts on labcoat, locks himself in dungeon, begins planning*

poppop

Sounds like lots of fun!!!! Unfortunatly my Wife has planned a cruise with 22 of our closest friends for that time period. I would really rather be with you'all!!!!l

devilman96

Hey dont get to envous yet... If no one can come It might just be me in the woods alone with my truck cooking a hot dog on a stick!!!

Then again I kinda like that type of stuff...

and no worries Clint... just apply the term "free beer" and you win LOL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks