• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Registration number?

Sammule

This forum has helped me so much with restoring two A5s. Hopefully someone can answer this...

After light sanding I have uncovered two registration numbers, one on each side of one of the mules. One says 33067 and one says 33607. The data plate is missing. Which number seems correct if at all? Maybe the person who painted them messed up?

Thanks for any thoughts on this,

Sam

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check with Chuck W on the G503 M274 message board. He has a mule registration number database and can probably tell you which is correct. If I remember right, that is very close to the end of production of A5's.

Sammule

Thanks for the info. I will go check that out. I believe you are right about it being towards the end of production because one hour meter shows 32 hours and the other 64.

Thanks again!

Charlie

Registration numbers are 6 digit, not 5. 33#### would be a late 1968 Baifield-built mule, serial number would be in the 114## range. If you can uncover the missing digit, I may be able to tell you more.

The last production Brunswick Corp. mules built in 1969/70 have a 3 digit serial number and registration numbers of 36#### and 37#### if USMC, 2AO29### if Army.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks