• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first buy on GL M1102

MESHL57492

Hi this is my first post on steel soldiers. I just won a m1102 trailer off of GL. I have a couple of questions about transporting this bad boy back home. I'm planning on building a tow wire adaptor. I'm having a hard time finding the 12 pin female NATO receptacle. Any help locating one for cheap would be a great help. Also I was planning just to hook the trailer up to my truck and drive off the lot. The trailer is in NY State would I get pulled over for not having plates? I have a friend with a dealer plate could I used the dealer plate just to get the trailer back home and let it set waiting for the paper work to clear to get PA title and tags? What tools should I bring along just incase I run into a problem with the trailer? Thanks for all your help in advanced. Here are the pics off of GL site. I know I paid too much for it but it looks so cool plus it is built like a tank not like the cheap trailers at lowes or home depot.

Attachments

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I gorrilla-taped magnetic lights to the trailer tailgate to pull my M1101 home since I already had the lights (body is aluminum, so magnets will not work).

The cheapest way to go is to get a plug and wire for your truck and attach to the trailer light plug. This info is from others here, I haven't tried it yet. Hook your commercial pigtail wiring from your truck to the pins on the trailer plug.

The 24v bulbs will work with 12v and just be a bit dim, or bring 2 - 1156 and 2 -1003 bulbs to put in.

military wire # Circuit / civilian color
22-460 Pin J Right turn/ stop light green
22-461 Pin B Left turn/ stop light yellow
21 Pin E Tail/ marker lights brown
90 Pin D Ground white

OR

Right turn/stop light Green wire - 22-460 Pin J
Left turn/stop light Yellow wire - 22-461 Pin B
Tail and marker lights Brown wire - 21 Pin E
Ground White wire - 90 Pin D

Attachments

Last edited:

harleyhouse

I bought a trailer light kit with the wiring, lights and hardware.
I mounted the lights to a 2 x 12 " piece of steel.

I zip tie the LIGHT BAR to the trailers when I tow them home.
This makes things so easy and quick.
Zip tie a license plate to the bar and you are good to go.

Zip tie your lights to the cover tie downs on the tailgate

I run one of my other trailer plates. and have no problems.

Just check tire pressure and the bearings for heat.

What kind of price did you pay?

Good luck Post on your recovery.

Attachments

harleyhouse

It is a clean trailer with no damage, There are several on the bay that need body work and are asking $1000.00. I am cheap my last trailers were a $500.00 M101A2 and $150.00 M1116A2 Both with a bill of sale.

I will be interested to see how much trouble PA gives you with titleing.

ABNENGR

I just recovered two 1101's. Ref tools, go buy a deep well 7/8 inch impact socket at the auto parts store for the lug nuts. I recommend airing the tires up to 30psi because it takes some of the bounce out of the tires on the highway. I zip tied the magnetic lights to the bars that the rear stabilizer legs bolt to because they are metal and the magnets stick. Enjoy the 1101. It tows great. I just put smaller tires (285/75x16) on one of mine and will probably sell the other one with two spare tires and wheels.

MESHL57492

It will be coming out of fort drum NY to save on gas money I was thinking of saving up a bunch of plasic bottles and cans that have the 5 cent return value on them. Any people from NY on here? Where is a good place to return the bottles to? Thanks in advanced.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
parts in classified

Try the classified listings as that is how I made my tow harness. All mv 12 pin sockets are the same. Make an offer to some of the guys parting trucks out. I got my socket and several feet of wiring with the snap cover much more reasonable than the dealers or epay.

I mounted mine to the hitch and have wired a 4 pin so I can move it from vehicle to vehicle. I also mounted quick links to the frame hitch so the chains have reach and are anchored to the vehicle and not the hitch.

Best of Luck!

happy 4th!

Juan

Attachments

MESHL57492

Well so far I went to harbor freight and bought temp towing lights for 9.99 and a 7 way to 4-Wire Flat Adapter for 8.70 I got a Pintle hook and Pintle Mount for 73.00. The hitch is sitting about 26 in off the ground. I'm still looking for some extra tow chain harbor freight carries some but it is only rated for 1250 lbs. I'm still looking for a nato 12 pin female connector part number MS75020-2. Have an air compressor and air presser gauge. Any other tools should I take when I pick the trailer up after paper work clears?

rsbanker

The tailgate comes off easily if you are looking to save some gas. I just retrieved mine and drove 700 miles testing various configurations and as expected topless without the tailgate got the best marks.

As for tools, I found a mallet was handy when my trailer jack didn't crank down all the way. I had to use the mallet to pull out the pin to remove the jack rather than pivot it. Keep in mind that your trailer jack may never have been lowered to the point you'll be asking it to, so it might not easily crank down. Mine came out of WA state and while the exterior was great, the worm-gear within the jack was heavily rusted where it was never touched.

Good Luck - you'll be happy with it.

Attachments

LMT19

Try the classified listings as that is how I made my tow harness. All mv 12 pin sockets are the same. Make an offer to some of the guys parting trucks out. I got my socket and several feet of wiring with the snap cover much more reasonable than the dealers or epay.

I mounted mine to the hitch and have wired a 4 pin so I can move it from vehicle to vehicle. I also mounted quick links to the frame hitch so the chains have reach and are anchored to the vehicle and not the hitch.

Best of Luck!

happy 4th!

Juan
I wonder where you got pintle mount plate? It looks much stronger than some over ebay.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks