• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m200a1 value

eagle4g63

I am looking at buying a m200a1 from a fella and neither of us know what it is worth......I looked on ebay and none on there tried to google and no-go.

So...what is a fair price for one of these?

Condition: All tires are like new no cracks or anything, paint is peeling from rust...fixable but rusty all over, hand breaks work and was told so do the air(didn't hook up to verify yet), the military plug was cut off and a civi plug installed(doesn't have the original mil one) This one doesn't have the fenders like some I have seen. Brake lights look good(not new but good) and all the air lines and wires look in good shape.

Thanks in advance.

jaxsof

I got a really good one for $400 (A2), and a better one from GL for $200(A1). I have seen them for as much as $1200 on fleabay, and $700 - $800 seems to be a going rate. But I wouldnt go over $400, and only if the brakes arent fudged up.

Things to considder: both stabilizer legs
both hand brakes, not frozen
no brake fluid leaks or worn-out air lines
wheel bearing caps not leaking
no severe rust
and a good title. Most State Police agencys will grant you a title as a home-made trailer, but a good one that matches your vin is a nice thing to have

Short of maintenance issues, you really cant hurt these monsters. They'll take 10k lbs without an arguement.

Oh, and the lights arent omni-volt, unless they have been changed to the LEDs. If it has a civi connector you may need to put bulbs in it when you put the correct cable back on it.

Last edited:

eagle4g63

Yeah, I figured the bulb thing(which I have) and told him that I would have to order all new bulbs for it, also told him that if I had to replace the pig tail it would be over $150.00 :whistle: Looks like he cut it a little too short.aua

I forgot to say he has a clear Indiana title for it.

Does have both stabilizer legs, both hand brakes work...I do want to hook up the deuce air and try all the brakes......

No severe rust/rot but definitely rusty....to the point of needing sand blasted to clean it up for any paint(I wouldn't even just spray bomb it with rattle can in it's current shape.

Forgot to look at he wheel bearing caps.....thanks for that heads up!!

Carl_in_NH

I got a nice M200A1 from a member here two years ago for $300, and I thought that was a fine price. Mine's a 1974 model, and is all there with nothing but surface rust.

Funny you bring this up now, as I've had the trailer for two years and only just pulled it out to pressure wash and paint a couple weeks ago. Takes me a little while to get going sometimes :)

eagle4g63

Well, thinking of making a heavy dump trailer out of it, hydraulic of course, with a crane of some sort. I do a lot of scrapping and hauling of junk and would like a dumper. the truck is nice but high in the air with the 46's under it.

Then their is the side of me that wants to use it for it's original design....large generator!!

OF course if I get crazy with it maybe a sort of roll off design so I can use it for a few things.

eagle4g63

Well I ended up buying it.....cost me a little more than I wanted. Got it for just under $400...he wouldn't move any lower than that even with having to replace the wiring plug.

Thanks to George(tmamerica) for giving me a great deal on a new wire harness.....made it a breeze to change out the plug and now have the lights working as should. After opening up the tail lights to make sure about the 24v bulbs, I noticed 2 things.....1. the guy never changed them to 12 volt :grin: ......2. they are NEW tail lights :jumpin:

Now to just sand blast it for a fresh new paint job and replace all the steel brake lines.....they work just fine but are RUSTY and I don't want to blow one out when I need them to do their job!!!

I am going to go ahead with my idea of making it a dump trailer....I have everything but a bed and after some measuring I can shorten a Deuce bed to 9' long and it would be perfect.

Attachments

Skinner23

How's the trailer look nowadays? I'm thinking about getting one too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks