• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

any gereen iron places in dallas texas?

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
march 03 - 04 Militaria Show belton TX (130 miles south)
march 16-67 brent mullins jeep parts and the american g.i. open house College Station, TX 100 miles south.

Why not have a local rally that day? basically we could occupy by force any number of parks, or flagpole hill at white rock lake, or meet at brushy creek motor farm where the ATV/mud truck/dirt bikers play ($10 per offroad vehicle)
-now that is the most fun for the buck. Just putting some suggestions on the table here. I am free every weekend except MAR 10-11 the 2nd weekend and I'm willing to meet up.

20 miles south of dallas is colwell oil co., but he is more of a hobbyist and collector than a dealer. Maybe we could meet there depending on him.
also turner surplus, but as you can see by the pics, not so much green stuff.

who else in the DFW area?

texas-5-ton

I'd like to bring the fire departments M813 for the mud day but I just imagine that they would frown on that..LOL. There is a guy that lives in Granbury (60? miles west of Dallas) that has quite-a-bit of MV's. He has everything from deuces all the way up to a 10 tonner M123. He also has several 5 ton wreckers and numerous trailers and 5 ton tractors. Most need work but he has a few that are runnable with hot batteries. If anyone is interested, pm me and I'll be happy to give his info out. He would probably deal if you had cash in hand.

Chad

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's that guy's name, i may have seen his yard, it's actually a ranch?

I been asked to provide a static MV display for (recruiting at) this event on MAR 31:

"The Major R. Roger Guynn Memorial JROTC Military Skills Meet will be conducted on Saturday, 31 March 2007, from 0700-1700 hours at Memorial Stadium, adjacent to West Mesquite High School, 2500 Memorial Parkway, Mesquite, Texas. " (Mesquite is a suburb of Dallas.)

David_4x4

There's Rapco in Bowie which is about 90 miles NW of Dallas.

Also like mentioned before, there's John Colwell's place south of Dallas in Waxahachie.

texas-5-ton

Re: RE: any gereen iron places in dallas texas?

OPCOM said:
What's that guy's name, i may have seen his yard, it's actually a ranch?

I been asked to provide a static MV display for (recruiting at) this event on MAR 31:

"The Major R. Roger Guynn Memorial JROTC Military Skills Meet will be conducted on Saturday, 31 March 2007, from 0700-1700 hours at Memorial Stadium, adjacent to West Mesquite High School, 2500 Memorial Parkway, Mesquite, Texas. " (Mesquite is a suburb of Dallas.)

Probably the same guy. He lives right there off of US377 by Durant Chevrolet. His name is Bill Black and his place is actually a small ranch. I bought a 71 AM General Deuce off of him several years ago.

Chad

pistolnut

OPCOM said:
march 03 - 04 Militaria Show belton TX (130 miles south)
march 16-67 brent mullins jeep parts and the american g.i. open house College Station, TX 100 miles south.
I recommend the Brent Mullins show. We should have a couple of M-715s and maybe a deuce from our group going. The show is mostly WWII stuff, but there is a lot of it including armor. I live nearby if I can be of any help to anyone.

dabtl

RE: Re: RE: any gereen iron places in dallas texas?

I think David_4x4, the kid, and I will be going to Belton. But not in the M35a2. Just the regular truck.

I understand there is a large wrecking yard just past Ft. Hood but not to Copperas Cove. We may drive over and look at that also.

If anyone is interested, we might be able to arrange a trip to the museum at Ft. Hood for anyone interested.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter

The 3rd is a saturday, I'm in.. Nickd, you driving the truck?

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Probably the same guy. He lives right there off of US377 by Durant Chevrolet. His name is Bill Black and his place is actually a small ranch. I bought a 71 AM General Deuce off of him several years ago.

Chad
=========

Ok- -I was there when I started looking for a deuce, and he wanted very high prices for incomplete or rusty trucks. Of course I was welcome to try to fix them before deciding to buy one. -and I am talking $6000 and up. For that $ I better be able to get in, start it, and drive it home, eh? Maybe he thought I was a bumpkin or something. Oh well, they're his trucks, no harm done, he seemed like a decent guy, just overpriced.

nickd

I will be flying in to Dallas, I am the luggage bitch for my wife as she is on business. This allows me free time all day while she is working. We will fly out Sat afternoon.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter

OK, so you fly in arriving mid-day friday, and leade mid-day saturday?

DFW airport?

what hotel?

we here in TX area can find something for you to do. I'm willing to take off friday to help. heck just getting out off the office for a day is always nice.

dabtl - is Belton worth me buying a table and trying to sell military radios or is a waste (no interest or cheep people or no money) for that?

dabtl

Never been there for the militaria show. But, I have been to gun shows and such that were good there.

Down the road nearly to Copperas Cove there is a major wrecking yard I understand.

I may be going to Ft. Washita, Okla. for a Loyal Train of Artillery Chapter, USFAA, meeting on the third, however. Got to get ready for the big shoot at Ft. Sill. Perhaps ten Civil War era rifles throwing exploding shells this year.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter

the militaria show is 9A-5P saturday, and a 2 hour drive, probably not worth it if you have to leave saturday. I never been to Rapco, might be fun if can start out fairly early.. Well nickd, you pick what you want to do according to what schedule you have. Colwell has a small yard of green trucks and iron, but he is really a collector and works for a living (he is an oil dealer), so might not be able to spend much time .

dabtl

John Colwell enlarged his operation on I-35. He has brought most of his stuff from the oil company yard to the highway. He has at least two command cars there. Great guy.

Rapco is on the highway going north from the town square. It has a large inventory in a warehouse, some vehicles outside and two tracks sitting outside. There are more vehicles at another location. Mark and Stacy are easy to deal with at the site, but it is not really a retail store.

CanonNinja

that's funny about the rally on the 4th... I should be driving through on my way home to Houston after picking up my new Deuce in New Mexico the night before.. I'll try to make it in time, but no guarantees

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks