• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105a3

Rockitman

So, I scored a nice trailer a couple weeks ago - an M105A3 that looks like its never been used. The tires are brand new and the paint in the bed is near perfect. I bought it for a very fair price from a guy that had collected a few more toys than his wife and neighbors were comfortable with. I wasn't looking for an M105, but the price was too good to resist.

The 105A3 is sweet, and has a few significant upgrades over the 105A1 and A2. The thing is - and stop me if you've heard this before - the trailer is a beast. My truck will pull it (1-ton F350 V10), but I'd be better off with a lighter trailer. (The obvious fact that I pushed out of my mind when I caved in to temptation.)

Obviously, I have two choices: modify this trailer or sell/trade it and get an M101A3 or M1101/2.

I don't have much patience for selling via CL/Ebay/etc. but I'd be open to a trade. I have read here that there's someone in the the Fredericksburg area that buys and sells trailers.

So, that's question #1: Does anyone have a contact for this guy, or anyone else in the Maryland area that deals in military trailers?

If I mod this trailer, my budget is modest. I'd probably be looking at swapping out tires/wheels (current ones are near 600lbs combined) and possibly removing some of the leaves in the springs. Swapping axles is beyond the budget, but might be possible if I could sell the current tires/wheels.

That's question #2: Is there a market for these tires/wheels?

Thanks for your time. Love the forum.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. Just remember we are NOT like all the other sites out there.

Do not turn this into a For Sale thread. That is what the classifeds are for. Turn it into a For Sale ad and it will be deleted.

You will also need to upgrade to the premium membership to post an ad.

Rockitman

Thanks Warthog. That's why I PM'd rneely. I don't want to run afoul of the rules on my first day!!

My intention is to evaluate my options. If I decide to sell, I'll post in the classifieds.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks