• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Too cool not to show.

harleyhouse

This trailer is the inspiration to my 101A2 build.
I have seen many pictures on the web of it's build now the owner is selling it.

Thought some might be interested in how he converted a 105 into a cool camping trailer. It is listed on ebay this week.

Don't know where to start. Had an idea to build the ultimate off road camping trailer and 4yrs and $30,000 later(have receipts), I accomplished my objective. Started with an M105 ton and a half camping trailer, with plenty of room for full size bed and maximum interior space. As you can see in the pictures, I added two external frames ( bear and cougar proof ), a south african canvas cover(same canvas as eezi-awn 2200 model rooftop tent which is attached and included) , an eezi-awn awning (complete with the only set in U.S. of full room panels, seen in rainbow pic w/ FJ60), a wind custom protector, stabilizing/leveling jacks(custom), external steps, military jerry cans, dining tray, spare tire, mesh screens, etc. The internal bed converts to a couch for daytime use, converting back in 20 seconds. Reworked the hitch assembly to modernize and to reduce vehicle weight.
This trailer has been "field tested" in all types of environments, terrain, and conditions and it has never failed. I simply leave it fully loaded and ready to go, and hook up takes 5 minutes. The entire rig can be deployed by one person in 10-15 minutes. The roof top tent, awning, awning siding, canvas, and rain cover are all in close to perfect condition. The rain cover unzips horizonally for added flexibilty. Those attachments alone would retail for $10,000. The entire trailer has been completely stripped, sand blasted, and power coated. The interior has been been coated in a rhino-line product. You can hose the trailer clean, inside and out, in 10 minutes. Military colors.
If you have been searching for the perfect off road camper that can sleep 10+ people in a well defined space, this is truly a "one of a kind". I am older now and have bought a ranch which has reduced my camping activities. Although I hate to sell after such a long labor of love, it now mostly just sits. It is just too beautiful a rig to be collecting dust. As you can see, no expense was spared in its build. Experienced outdoorsman will know the quality of the tent,canvas,and awning. Experienced craftsmen will know the quality and the welding and powder coating.

Attachments

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a good looking trailer but I don't think he will get much out of it.

Quality build though.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sleeps 10? Those 10 people must really like each other. And he spent 30k building it? Wow. He must have paid someone else to do EVERYTHING.

If he has the receipts to back up the $30K investment, I bet he did. And I also got a bridge to sell him.

Like I said - camping trailer bring big money...but not this big. And in this economy? He'll be hoping for a buyer for a LONG LONG time.

harleyhouse

I may contact the seller about making a COUGAR CAGE for my 101A2
Allegheny County Pennsylvania has the second highest elderly population next to Florida.

I may need that cage in the near future. If not I could collect Zombies with it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks