• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931 Pick up

bigboy44

I recently won a M931 and I am new to this series truck! From the TM's I see that the brakes are totally air not air/hyd. I plan on picking up the truck with a bob tail tractor, my question is if I hook up a glad hand from tractor to tractor will this release the brakes long enough for me to pull it onto a trailer. If this is not possible any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated. I would rather not try to start the truck until I have enough time to check it, unless you would suggest to bring battaries, check fluids and try to start the truck?

Thanks Warren

emr

Check fluids, add batts and start,the batts are a bear to change, try a jump or slave first, a just can be done with 1 or 2 or 4 sets of jumpers :) Its not hard to figure out, If it is a hard start I would do the tow thing, But running her is just so much easier, be aware there should be an audible low air sound, if or if not see if the gage works, if it is building , wait and see after warming her up , shut her down and see if it holds air, if there are no leaks the hand brake is between the seats up is on, there should-be a audible noise when that is up also, if not down is free, there is a button on the dash to release all safety air features so U can run out fast on low air, its nothing to do with brakes, fyi, if she looses air when parked the park brake will let go probably, do not rely on it, chock every time, good luck awesome truck... :)

bigboy44

931 Pick up

Thanks emr,

I cannot handle the batts is the reason I asked, my son will have to do it. I was planning to bring a 65hp 4 wd farm tractor to pull it on the trailer, but your suggestions makes more sence. Thanks!

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, if you hook up the M931 to the emergency glad hand it should fill the truck and release the rear brakes or you can cage the rear brakes. But if you cage the brakes you need to be careful. Be sure to release the parking brake inside the m931 when you fill the truck with air.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks