• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Semi wheels on 900 series

lost in the bush

I now it is not Military look, however does anyone know if a standard 22.5 or 24" semi wheel fit the M923.

We are building a point vehicle and want to change up the wheels and tires to more of a street tire. Off road will be limited or non-existent.

Is bolt pattern same?

lost in the bush

Ok on another thread someone stated the wheels on the 5 ton M923 is a 10 Lug with 11.25" spacing and Pilot Hub hole is 8.75. I wondered out back to measure a semi 24" wheel.
10 lug with 11.25" spacing however the hub was either 8.25 or 8.50.

Can someone measure their wheel to verify the the hub measurement.

KsM715

The lug pattern maybe the same but most newer "semi" wheels are hub-centric and the MV trucks are lug-centric

*edit* I just went out and measured a wheel on my m818 (I know, not a 900 but they use the same wheels) The hub hole measured 8.75. As for semi wheels, I dont have ready access to one.

Last edited:

91W350

We have a 923 on 22.5s in the yard. We took the G177s for a tractor. It will not interchange on the newer stuff, but several of our tractors are running G177 tires on five ton wheels. They are doing a wonderful job, flats are way down. Ours are governed at 68.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Find a set of old budd wheels. They fit the 900's perfectly. They have 2 oblong holes in the dish of the rim.

skidunits4you

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 900 has 24.5 BUDD wheels on it no problem changing to them. They just have to be the older BUDD wheels stud pilot not hub pilot. have a great day

Last edited:

lost in the bush

Now that I know it fits, i've been researching tires and so far thinking of 445/65R/22.5 or 425

Any know the weight of the front stock and rear dual wheels..

Attempting to figure out the difference from stock 11R/20 on stock steel wheels vs 22.5 Aluminum super singles all around

11R 20 123 lb x 10 = 1230 lbs
Steel wheels ??? LB x 10 = ????lbs
Total = ????

445/65R/20 195lb x 6 = 1170lbs
Aluminum 22.5 wheels 51lbs X 6 = 306lbs
Total = 1476lbs

benand117

If you want to run 445s it's going to be very pricey. A virgin 445 (nit a retread) is around $1000. And they will never fit the steers. As a matter of fact I don't even think they make a 445 in a steer. 425s might be close as a steer. They use those on big dump trucks and cement trucks. Also a lot of money.

lost in the bush

Thank you.. still researching.. 425's are still big enough to give the Truck the look we wish to end up with after the "Scout Car" conversion..

The 425 will also drop another 140lbs from weight.. In addition to the look we want, it may be our false idea that the reduced weight of wheel tire combo will help to increase top end do to less resistance to turn the wheels?

Yes Tire and Wheel combo will be high. We will recoup a little from selling the stock wheels and tires as well as the Bed, spare tire thingee etc , the good news it will all be a business Tax write-off

benand117

Yeah I doubt the weight will do anything to change the top end. I think all it would do take a little longer to get to top speed because of rotating mass. but i don't think you would be able to even notice a difference. You will really notice a difference when lifting the wheel tire combo. I think a good combo would be 425s up front and dual 12r22.5 in the back. Or 425s up front and 445s in the back. I do comerical tires for a living so if you have any questions feel free to pm me.

lost in the bush

Thanks I may be getting with you as we get closer to that portion of the project. Do not plan to lift either one.. Have Skid steerer that will pick up to 1500 lb. if not enough will use neighbors back hoe. I asked Allstate if Motor Club is for all our isured vehicles they came back with "Of Course withour exception".

ALmost makes one have a flat just to see the look on the guys face when the Deuce or % Ton dwarfs his wrecker.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks