• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1987 HMMWV

UboatCommander

Can anyone give me some idea of what this vehicle is worth. It had 163 miles on it when bought in 2001 and just over 4,000 miles when it was submerged during Hurrricane Katrina.

I put a new engine in it, but it still needs some tlc.

Attachments

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Uboat. Do you mean that you put a new engine in it after it was submerged? What is the status of the rest of the drivetrain and the electronics? Did you flush all fluids? Is it up running and driving now? Can you give us a little more info on its current condition? Thanks.
Chris

UboatCommander

The old engine hydro-locked while being driven during Katrina. I had the engine rebuilt and it ran fine. Apparently, the fule tank was not flushed and it quit running. Everything else was serviced and operated fine. The injection pump seems to be the culprit.

I replaced the gauge cluster and the senders and all of that works.

TedG

With very limited information to go on, my .02c is that $15K-$25K but inspection by buyer is a must! How are the frame rails, brake system, fan clutch, electrical system, etc.? Plus it has civi rims...Good luck. Ted

JoshC

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With the last few Military Hummers not going past 18-20K in runnning shape - reserves not met, items not sold. I would look to see what it would cost to repair it before listing it there. It would probably bring more on a board like this than an auction. I guess 15K as it sits assuming that the only problems are water damage as listed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks