• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

assistance needed M35 front boot replacement

rolling18

Good day!
I need some Physical help/ guidance in changing the front axle boots (zippered) and clutch adjustmentand allignment :grd:

I normally would try this myself, and I know and have read the great DIY threads but I need someone to physically SHOW me how to do it. :deadhorse:
I recently had spinal disk surgery so obviously my movement is serverely limited
and cant list much weight.

I'm willing to pay for your assistance, But I cant pay typical mechanic rates as I am not/ have not worked in a couple months waiting for VA. If I have to sell my other vehicles this M35 will be my one and only daily driver till I get back on my feets!:-( and need to have it ready.

So thats my sob story, If anyone is up for it PLEASE let me know, not afraid to get dirty!

Im willing to drive anywhere within about 200 mile radius of Portland, OR
thank you for reading all this! id like to get it done in time for upcoming ralley

Chers!
Marc

Last edited:

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To far away...

I just changed both my front boots to non-zippered silicone material...(they last longer)

I would like to assist you but Bishop, California to Portland, Oregon is a stretch to far right now.

I hope you find a good soul to assist you.

Last edited:

rolling18

Thats cool of you to offer! but yes your are just a Wee bit far away for something like this
heh. I guess as long as I stay out of the sand and mud it will probably be ok.. I hope other than that still runs great!

rolling18

Thanks guys but too bad nobody local can assist, my back is quite a bit better now after surgery from the VA and I am back to full time work! and I can probably do just about the whole job if I have some instruction in combination with the great instructions online here in the forums.. All the same thanks anyway for the offers you guys rock

rolling18

Did you get your boots changed out and clutch adjusted?
If not, bring her on up on a weekend, we'll fix her up.
Clutch.. Yes. Boots no.. That would be great sounds like a plan where are you at anyway? And what days generally works best for you? You'll have a bottomless beer mug

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks