• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

clothing repair insert for M101 trailer

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While at Coleman's today, in the back lot, there are a bunch of "clothing repair" trailer inserts, most are stacked up like cordwood but a couple were dropped into M101 trailers. They were rectangular inserts that had plenty of doors and storage compartments, you open them up and there are sewing machines and wooden benches in there for working on clothing repair. I thought they might be good, retasked as camping trailers with all the sewing machines and tables removed.

I did not take any pics of them this time, anyone else know what I am talking about? Anyone own one of these setups that has reused it for something else?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you sure they aren't for a M105? I've never seen a M101 one. What are they asking? I prolly need one......

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I had bid on some on GL. I know what you are talking about. I agree with Jim, I think I would want one too, but thought they are for the 105s.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They looked big, but I could've sworn I saw one sitting in the bed of a M101 there at the yard. I'll get some pics next time, and maybe measurements....

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went and saw them at the yard again and I was wrong - it was sitting in a M105 trailer, just the tires were flat so the trailer looked lower to the ground and hence my confusion.

I took a picture but the picture came out all wonky on my camera phone. I'm gonna wait until later this year to inspect it better, where they are in the yard is really overgrown by brambles and weeds and I can't get close to them without getting impaled.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks