• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bling bling HMMWV brings $1.25 million at auction 4 charity

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey 1.25 million going to the Fisher House is a AWESOME thing... Somehow I dont think the guy wanted the hummer itself that bad.. Charity auctions are a good thing.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Wow, that's a lot of coin! Not for the founder of ReMax, but still a bunch! Glad the procedes are going to a great cause.

BKinzey

You can bet that has been reappraised for it's "true" value. The money over that is a tax deduction.

Which brings up a good point. Should you ever win anything of value you'll be getting a 1099 for it as taxable income. Be sure to get another appraisal or do homework on it's actual value. That week long trip to Europe valued at $5000 isn't all that "free" when you pay taxes on it next year. :roll: :roll:

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
The great thing that I see in this is that we are blessed to live in America where two guys give that much to support our Veterans that have been wounded. The Remax guy is a Viet Nam vet and that flys in the face of those who say Viet Nam vets are messed up.

The Fisher houses are a real blessing to the families of the Veterans as they undergo treatment at a VA facility. I sure hope we can come up with a way to bless our Veterans in some way. I suggest going for a visit to the local VA hospital or at least calling the local National Guard or Reserve unit and telling them how proud we are of them. Soldiers are the best folks I have had the pleasure of knowing and the wounded ones almost all want to stay a Soldier if they can and are willing to go back to serve where they were wounded. God bless them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks