• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Here we go again with the H.O.A

camoyj7

You need to move to Wonder Tucky I had a 5 ton,my deuce a m1009, full size chevy4x4 crew cab dodge 3500 in my driveway. Nobody said anything at all.

ryan77

You need to move to Wonder Tucky I had a 5 ton,my deuce a m1009, full size chevy4x4 crew cab dodge 3500 in my driveway. Nobody said anything at all.

It took me 3 hrs to get home from work today! Wonderlake would be another 45 mins to that!!!! If i find a job closer im out of here!!!!

ranchhopper

That didnt take long go around the neighborhood and find all the four door pickup trucks the size of a greyhound bus write down the addresses and ask the HOA how they get away with having them in their driveway the same with boats and RVs.You might want to point out they do not issue AV plates to commercial vehicles.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No hitches allowed either, they are strict!

TMNT

Make them prove that your truck is a commercial vehicle per the legal definition of a commercial vehicle. It is not.

Patrol your neighborhood with a copy of the covenants and register complaints for every infraction you find no matter how trivial.

Move.

I'm lucky. All my neighbors like my truck and so far, no complaints.

Seems to me it's not a commercial vehicle if you personally own it and don't use it for commercial, or more specifically money-earning business ventures or purposes outside of your own personal transportation. I'd be enclined to contact a lawyer and do like a couple other members did and bury them in legal papers from the law firm of "Don't tell me what to drive or I'll sue you for infringing on my constitutional rights as an American who payed a boatload of money for my own home Esq.". On the other hand, if your truck insults thier dilicate sensibilities that much, tell the HOA they can buy your house for current fair market value, pay for your moving expenses to move to another neighborhood without nose-pickers who have no business of thier own and have to be all up everyone else's Kool Aid!
I'm no real estate professional, but that looks like at least a million dollar home, and with that kind of investment should include having the right to park whatever YOU choose to drive in YOUR driveway that came with YOUR house!
Along with the fact that YOUR truck has an American flag flying from it, tells me whoever complained must be an un-American anti-freedom stinking commie!!!!!
Knee-jerk anger-based reaction aside, are you up on the local ordinances regarding what you can and can't have in your driveway? If the local laws and codes are clear and you're not in violation, I'd be enclined to point out that your truck is not a commercial vehicle and what you do with it is up to you and you only. Furthermore, any further letters will be construed as harassment and subject to legal action by any of 3-dozen ambulance chasers who'll be more than happy to slaughter another forrest to bury them in legal papers.
Yeah sure you catch more flies with honey than vinegar, and you always wanna start out as polite and respectful as possible, but sometimes those with control issues take that as someone they can bully and walk over. At that point, I'm ready to give them the "David Banner speech" which sounds like this: "I'm trying to be reasonable, but don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry!". Sometimes just telling a code enforcement or HOA nose-picker that it's not a commercial vehicle isn't enough, and takes such information on a lawyer's letterhead for it to sink in and be understood.
Good luck dealing with the fascists and let us all know how it goes.
:driver:

carbonraptor

If you have to store it if even temporarly I got a lotta experience with this lol. Im not sure if you have these in your area but extra space storage facilities are the best!! I have "2" 5 tons in 2 seperate facilityes with them right now. The first month u can ushally get for free if you do it online and mine will only be there for a month lol. They charge 75 to 80 versus the 215 bucks for surrounding competition. might be worth it to snoop around ;)

Ill never live in a HOA neighborhood.
:ditto:
HOAs! What a stupid idea! Who sat down and said "Let's create a private club and make it our business to tell everyone in the neighborhood what they can and can't do on thier property, what colors they can or can't paint thier house, what kinds of mailboxes they are allowed to use, and what vehicles they can park in thier own driveway and CHARGE THEM MONEY FOR MEMBERSHIP!"?

Some putz in my mother's neighborhood tried to turn it into an HOA community untill I informed the unclear ones what HOAs mean to a neighborhood. I heard the old woman who was pushing for a HOA had a heart attack when she heard I was the one that clued everyone else in.
rofl

Last edited:

ryan77

I said i would never live in a HOA neighborhood also but the problem is almost every neighborhood in this area has a HOA! The ones that dont are full of lets just say undesirable people. Once the economy clears up im either buying 5-10 acres here or heading to Arizona well see. For now i will call this property manager baffon tomorrow and probably ruin my day!!!

eagle4g63

I would hit him with the "it doesn't have a gross weight of over 26,000 lbs and it isn't a lettered company truck so therefore it isn't classified as a commercial vehicle". Don't say RECREATIONAL either cause that is in the letter......I would tell him the same thing I tell the code enforcers by me....it is my pick up and I don't need any type of "commercial" driving license to operate it so I can park where I want to just like the other jacked up trucks!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks