• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M116AS Tough Enough

Cat320B

M116A3 was parked across the street; hitch was pointed south with a cone on the north edge. 0500 neighbors heard a loud crash; trailer was knocked about 100 feet into their yard against a tree. Trailer has no damage accept along the tongue where the car hit it. Police said the hit and run people picked up their debris and will call in a hit and run when they sober up. They will watch for this. This trailer is tough enough.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I know of a 101 that got sandwiched between an M109 and a minivan. The minivan didn't fare too well and the impact knocked the bed(with everything in it) off the frame by shearing the bolts. It hit the back of the 109 and splattered across the highway.

Talk about a "crumple zone"!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know of a 101 that got sandwiched between an M109 and a minivan. The minivan didn't fare too well and the impact knocked the bed(with everything in it) off the frame by shearing the bolts. It hit the back of the 109 and splattered across the highway.

Talk about a "crumple zone"!
Here are a few pics that trailer.

Attachments

Last edited:

dstang97

Are you sure you didn't sleep walk, get into your truck and move it to there. Man I can't believe a car could actually drive away from hitting that thing.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Indeed, we determined it really did act as an attenuator(energy absorber).

Cat320B

Car that him my M116A3

The young man whose car hit my M116A3 put a note in my mail box with his phone number. I called. He stated he feel asleep. He was not injured but his dog was. I said I respected him for telling me. There is hope for America, yet. Check pictures out!!!

Attachments

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you need to replace the "A" frame piece, I think Gimpy had some new ones.

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope his dog recovers well and soon.

eagle4g63

IF he was asleep...I think that would have woke him up. How does some one just drive away from that like it is ok and put a note in your box the next day........I thinks I smell booze!!! That is why he drove off....I bet he didn't even realize his dog was hurt till the haze wore off!!

harleyhouse

Booze involved, It is always someone else that pays the price " your trailer and the dog"
I would put it into the insurance company as a hit and run then go from there. I would get a 1102 to replace the 101A2. An upgrade and make him pay for it.

Maybe you will rear end me one day and I can go from a suburban to a Lamborghini . Upgrade and make you pay for it. :doghead: unfortunately insurance companies just don't work that way. :cookoo:

Cat320B

iNDIANA PLATES

Sent the required paper work to the Indiana BMV. Waiting for a replay. SF 97 was $60 and Indiana paper work was $15. No VIN number but SN 15 Look forward to see how this pans out.

harleyhouse

No insurance companies don't work that way, They cut you a check for the replacement cost of the trailer if they can find one. When new my 101A2 was $7500.00 Now with the receipts and time I have in it The replacement cost is $2000.00 . My adjuster would see the reciepts and cut me a check for the $2000.00 and flat bed it to the scrap yard.

Then I would purchase a 1102 for $800.00 and start my new build.

He is guilty " read the note " and will be paying for it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks