• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What ever floats your Goat...

Joe Gamma

Actually I am going to float my Gamma Goat this weekend and promise some Images...if it sinks a safety Video...Everything is all sealed up ect but My muffler points down like it would hit the water..

It seams original so does it matter the old coot who put in the Bildge pump said no but always good to ask here...

Joe Gamma

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you going to attach a winch cable to the back of it before you enter the water? Humor courtesy Wreckerman.

Joe Gamma

I certainly will film it because it would probably be the last time I did...It kicks my ass enough without me continually dunking it in water...After this stunt I'll just use it to rumble around town and parades....

Joe Gamma

Joe Gamma

Well The Goat floats...kinda...it was a funny day and we will try again....

I rumbled after my Buddys Deuce and we eventually arive at the ramp...I get ready to drive in but my buddy says back in slow and we will attach a winch to the front..

Hmm...Never heard of a Goat backing in but its his Deuce and Cable...

.We start talking and I back up but oddly the winch isn't attached...

Looking to my right I look at the floor board and it looks like a Japanese Zero had strafed it..Six little streams of water shooting up like a cartoon...I look to the left and the canting goats front fender is slightly under water...I hit the bilge pump and rev the goat foward back to land...it dosn't go anywhere but ofcourse the engine reves...

My buddy is yelling somthing and I can only imagine maybe the Goat was not properly in six wheel drive..Various shifting dosnt help and I finnally shut off the engine to hear what he is saying.." Of course he was yelling "What ever you do don't shut off the engine..." ( Still chuckling over that one)

Engine did start right back up...

Anyway his son grabs a winch cable and wads out hooking it to the front of the goat...You will never understand how deep a goat sits in the water till you float one...

I truely resolved the Goat was probably going to sink but knew I would never live it down ever if I jumped from the Goat...

We winch the Goat in and oddly my friend (68 and highly ammused leaps on the right fender and demands I back it out two more times as he scurries across the hull analysing leaks ect...

It was a pretty funny hr....instead of resolving not to float it again we decide about eight things that might make it float better...

Any ideas are welcome....

Joe C

Attachments

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the windshield back on both the driver's and the passenger's side, attach a 2 X 8 going back almost halfway along the engine hood. It can slope down once past the firewall. Bolt and silicone seal it in place. That will give you a little more freeboard in the front part. Make sure the back is empty, or add 8 inches of boards around it, again, for a little more freeboard. Next, go back and re-read my previous advise. I was not joking around!

Joe Gamma

I would have never floated it without a cable attached hence ofcourse they had to attach it after the crap hit the fan..My first thoughts were we had just backed it out a wee bit and give it an overall check but the water was a bit deeper than expected so suddenly (if that makes sence) and when I tried to drive it back in it just floated there canted like it had just taken a torpedo...(Ok maybe not that bad)

I am not a boater and its a boat ramp and it would make sense they get steep quick..

Joe

Joe Gamma

Half the fun of owning a vehicle like this is getting it out there with your buddy's and trying to make it do things like swimming it, thirty years after it's made....."real" goat experience is keeping it running which is unique and actually rumbling around with it (town ect)...

Floating it is a whimsical afterthought... Active duty didn't really take it too seriously either...

Joe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks