• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M114/ V-100 Tophat turrets for sale OR ARE BEING SCAPPED!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not mine - these are hard to find turrets, I saw the ad on the MV webring, I don't know where these are, but I emailed the guy to send me details. Would be a shame to see these cut up for scrap metal. I don't know the guy personally, so don't PM me, but his contact email is below.

LAST CHANCE On Qty 3 (three) M114 Tophat Turrets - GOING TO SCRAPYARD FEB.
1ST.

Hello Group:
I am not receiving any interest, from anyone, on the three, complete
M114 Turret Assemblies which I have offered for sale.

Accordingly, I will be SCRAPPING these turrets on February 1st. as they are in the way and costing me money to store.

These are complete, original solid aluminum, M114A1E1 "Tophat" Turret assemblies. Each has the hatch, hinge, spring, turret body and bearing ring.
These are (for the next week) uncut and undamaged. Perhaps better off as a Honda Engine Block or two.

If any feels these turrets are of worth saving, and worth buying, please contact me before Jan. 31st., but, PLEASE DO NOT HIT "REPLY", I won't get the message.

Please email me before Jan. 31st. at:

TheUncleCharlie@aol.com

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's more details that the seller provided:

Originally for M114A1E1. Ones like this dropped right into the holes of 3 turretless V-100s I had. They accept gun mounts for .50 or 20MM. Located Western New York. $750. ea, 2/$1400, 3/$1950

Attachments

wgtactical

I just noticed this post, evidently I got the last two of them. These were the A1 cupola assemblies. The 20mm mounting requires further modification for the correct install. I have ordered a manual for the E1 cupola, and hopefully I will be able to get enough information to complete. Like the guy said, two for $1400 (plus extra to put them on a pallet) and wouldnt budge on price...but he was prepared to haul them to the scrapyard and probably get less than a hundred bucks for the pair. :roll:

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
WGTACTICAL:
That is one thing that really gets my goat I am sure he does not get that kind of money for two honda engines so the guy really is bluffing when he said he would scrap them. I have seen lots of scapyards where the guy died keeping all his old stuff because he was too high priced to sell them. From what you guys do with the track vehicles I wish you could have gotten them all. Please keep us posted on what magic you do to these.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad to see they finally found a good home! I thought they were going to be scrapped out for sure, guess he was bluffing....

wgtactical

Actually I bought them while they were still under the snowstorm that hit hard there. But I am building the cupola for the 20mm mount, then installing it on the M114A1E1 that is going full restoration. I even purchased two airsoft M14s and M79 launcher with the walnut stocks. If you guys remember the modified m114 I just finished, you see I can get carried away :lol: Anyway, I want this one to be right in every detail, as this is the unit I bought from Eddie Black who recently died from injuries sustained in an auto accident. Items I am yet to aquire: Uniform and boots, Vietnam era 1965 (Eddie was going to help with this as he was a Vietnam memorabilia collector) and RT 524 R442 radio and receiver. I have already began the resto, and taking pictures as I go. When I get further along, I will start posting them. Any help is appreciated with the radio, uniform and boots.
osmwi@bellsouth.net

Agoogol

I have come across two of the M114 turrets at our shop doing inventory. I will get up an ad in the classifieds here shortly but if anyone is interested now drop me a line.

hmburner

Those turrets appear to be made of cast aluminum. Here in canuck land,cast aluminum is 35 cents a pound. I am not sure what they would weigh,but I'm sure they would be worth more than a case of beer in scrap

Agoogol

The bearings which are designed to allow the units to rotate may need cleaning and oiling as they were last serviced 10 years ago. We encourage buyers to inspect as we are selling as is without any warranty or any representations. I will list under classified now!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks