• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tires

troy.m38a1

How do people generally buy tires and get them mounted?

I was considering buying tires from Coker on-line, but would I then take them to a tire place to have them mounted and balanced? Can normal tire places handle tires with tubes?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some can, some can't. It's more related to the lock ring of the rim than anything else. You have to ask around and find a shop that can has a "cage" to inflate the tires in.

Westech

CPL
doodies... I will be getting tires in 2 months. put in your orders. all military tires from hummer to 10 ton. PM me with what ya want and I will get prices. will deliver to aberdeen

CGarbee

Actually, if you are talking about M38 tires (or M38A1), they are single piece wheels, so even though you do have tubes to worry about, you don't need the cage for inflation and a "regular" shop could handle them. You do want to go to a shop that is used to working on truck or agricultural/equipment instead of a shop that deals only in car/light trucks as you want somebody that can handle tubes, older tire designs, and who isn't worried about selling you thier tires...

You can get them from somebody like Westech and pick them up a show (or get a buddy to snag them for you), order them from a MV dealer such as RAPCO, Midwest Military or a tire dealer such as Wallace Wade, or sometimes, you can get your local tire dealer (if they are halfway competant) to oder them for you.

The STA brand carried by several of the MV dealers are made by Specialty Tire of America which used to be known as McCreary, and the brand is carried by a lot of dealers accross the US, so getting them to order some shouldn't be too hard...

Good luck.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Westech, can you get the Michelin XL 1100 X 20 tires? If so, please PM me with a price and quantity availability.

Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks