• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

De-dualling an M211?

mo-mudder

Does anyone see a problem with removing the inside dual tires on the rear axles of an M211? From what I can see, the outside duals track wider than the front wheels, which shouldn't pose a problem. I've got a couple flats on the back right now and can't afford new wheels and tires, and want to take this thing on a test drive, but don't wanna drive with 2 flat tires.

westfolk

If you want to take them off, no problem. I would just run it. It's not going to hurt anything other than the tube may spin in the flat tires. Since they are already flat nothing more can happen then what has already. When conditions have been not good for changing a tire out on the road I have gone hundreds of miles with a flat. The only time I must do it now is if it is a steer tire. Other than that unless weight being hauled dictates otherwise. I change it when I get home.

lacoda56

I've run with flats on one of the duals to get home, and sometimes a bit further, with no problems. The flat will get hot if run at highway speeds, but I don't think a test drive will hurt anything. My boss brought a loaded semi 75 miles home last summer with a flat on one dual. He just ran back roads and kept the speed down.

acetomatoco

You will have to add up M135 and M211 and divide by two to get the new nomenclature for your truck....just for the sake of correctness... have fun...I have been running two flat times on my M543A2 for years around the yard... RAM

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks