• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Guam

NEIOWA

Anyone have any experience bringing equipment back from Guam? A lot of surplus available. Assume US origin/mfg. Recommendations.

NEIOWA

I mostly work the FEPP end of the street (DOD surplus for Fire Depts). But govliq periodically has some large sales of vehicles/equipment on Guam (Big Navy/Jarehead and AF stations). As with the sales in HI/Ak no much bidding activity. I'm sure due to the shipping issues.

carguy455

Does anything rare or old ever show up on those auctions or is it just the run of the mill deuce's and other semi modern equipment that we can get stateside ??????

Thinking maybe some of those "remote locations" may have ancient stuff around .

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don;t have any experience from Guam, but I have gotten a truck out of Hawaii and I can say it was not easy. I am using the phrase "not easy" to mean expensive! The truck I got cost me $4111 and I spent over $6000 getting it home to MD. I have spoken to a company about getting a truck from Guam. I was told that it would be about 1-1/2 times the cost of getting a truck out of Hawaii.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Holy heck that is some serious coin for shipping. If the truck you bought was small enough to fit in a sea container you might be able to get a better rate. I know that's what some of the Mog importers do when bringing stuff in from Europe. They get a flat rate per container. There is also drive on drive off shipping, but that would require you to buy a running truck from GL. Course, the drive on stuff sometimes ends up on the deck and that can get interesting in a storm. Not that containers are any safer being that there is often not a lot of concern given to contents when loading and unloading. It would be very helpful if you could make contact with a shipping agent in Guam that would ensure that everything gets done right.

It's all a bit too risky for me personally.

carguy455

steelsoldiers said:
PS, I guess what I had to say really applied more to carguy455 being that Iowa is a bit far from any sea port :D
Oh we don't have to worry about carguy455 buying much from Guam ! lol !!

Unless somehow some REALLY good M37's , M715's, or earlier small equipment pops up on Guam, it would take something like THAT to get me interested in that kind of insane hassle !!!!!!

Maybe some WWII surplus might do it .... :lol: :lol: :lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks