• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Paint Question (Wrecker)

OpieNoTool

Getting geared up to paint my wrecker or atleast parts and pieces of it. Im looking at gillespies 34086 "383" is this close to what it will look like? Has anyone tryed having a local paint store like sherwin williams make up some paint to match this color? if so what kinda paint was it oil based or latex or somthing else?

Attachments

poppop

I got 383 from my local Sherwin Williams store for the woodwork on my M813. I carried them a can of Carc and they matched it. They did not recomend their paint for the metal. They said it would fade fast in the outdoors. Automotive paint is the best but way expensive. I ordered Gillispe to finish mine and so far am happy with it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks