• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oklahoma Fire department's needs help

Cleptomaniac

The news has had write ups about the local volunteer departments needing things like Gatoraid. Due to the droit and fires. I'm going to donate some and wondered if we (OKC SS members) would like to make it a SS thing. I'm sure the more the merrier!
Danny

M1075

M715VFD405

Thanks for the heads up I think I'll stop by my local Dept and see if they need help. This prolly isn't just and OK. thing either if we are having a problem everyone else is too.

Cleptomaniac

Yea I'm going to give some. Take the 101 to Sams after work and take the kids. Have to teach them that it's not all about them;-) If anyone wants in let me know.

Happyland1410

Thanks guys!

I can assure you that all of us volunteer firefighters greatly appreciate it. We work on very little funding and we truly depend on help from our communities. This heat is tough on us and our equipment. My pager just went off for a structure fire. Later

Stan Leschert

VFW and The American Legion might be able to help, if you ask each local branch, individually.

Up North, every Legion has a fair amount of discretion of who we send funds to,
but it will take at least 1 month ... meetings, votes ...

Ask American Red Cross, and Salvation Army.
They are usually able to respond to immediate needs.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For shipping it may be more efficient to buy the mix that they can add to water themselves. We have done that for bike tours and it is easier than moving cases and cases of individual bottles. Better for the environment too with less trash.

DSVet

To help remedy the financial situation long term, I would suggest the following:

Bring your state legislators to some of your wildland fire calls. Get them bunker gear and such and ride the rigs into battle as observers. Give them the first hand experience on what you do and what you experience (heat, smoke, dehydration, exhaustion, etc.) at fires.

When they are going through their legislative session, they can recall what you went through.

I too, as a volunteer firefighter. I serve on two volunteer fire departments and I hug the pager, because it is dry here.

Also, if your local fire department has a CUCV or other converted military vehicle, you may want to offer your expertise to them. Just showing them where to find the TM's online can really help. My hometown fire dept. just recieved a M1008. The town I work in recieved a HUMVEE. I am one of the few former military on these departments, so I "lead" them on the maintenance of these vehicles.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks