• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GTB Project

flyingj

Hello everyone!

I'm just starting a project on a Ford GTB, and was curious if anyone could help me identify some of the history of this vehicle (or point me to some place that would have some).

It is a 43 (as they all are) with:

SN: 102081
Ford SN: 185425

Attached is the ID plate

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. The serial numbers cannot be of assistance. No records exist as to what serial number vehicles were used at what location. The USN registration number, which may be painted on the hood under your yellow paint, is part of the truck's provinance, but again, records as to what registration number was assigned where, are no longer available. If your bumper/bumperettes are in good shape paint wise, it may be possible to uncover markings there which would indicate a unit assignment, such as RON22, which was PT boat squadron 22, based in Italy during WWII, for example. Visit the G503 forum as well, there is a lot of Burma Ford info there in the 1.5 ton forum.

flyingj

Thanks for the reply. I guess I did imply a service history. I don't expect to get much info on that, other than what I can find under the existing paint. We'll see what is found there...

I guess I was trying to see if there was a way to identify approx date of manufacture and at which facility it was built. I figure that is a starting point and I can wade through things from there.

I'll reach out to the G503 as well.

Thanks again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks