• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gama Goat -yes or no???

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I am thinking of buying a gama goat,I have read a lot of pros and cons.Any opinions would be helpful..thanks,John

L1A1

'Been considering one myself (for some reason). They certainly have a "cool" factor all their own.

I can't think of any real pros other then the aforementioned cool factor. As for cons, they tend to be loud , manual steering poor brakes (that's all MVs isn't it?) and maintenance heavy. Parts availability may also be an issue but I'm not 100% on that. Despite all the bad I've heard about them, I still think they're an interesting vehicle. Besides, isn't it fun to own a vehicle where a member of the public (unless they served with them) asks "What the **** is that?"
Matt

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are fun. Everyone should try one.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Just want one,I have had over 50 5 tons and deuces,everything I own is high maintenance.Just always wanted one.Just to play with.Once I got one I will probabaly say,What the **** did I buy this for.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just want one,I have had over 50 5 tons and deuces,everything I own is high maintenance.Just always wanted one.Just to play with.Once I got one I will probabaly say,What the **** did I buy this for.
Please don't think a goat is "Low Maintenance". They needed a lot of repair when they were new, even after having been debugged. The brakes work just fine in my opinion. I don't like having to "un-steer" coming out of turns. The steering is not self correcting.

CycleJay

Hello Patracy,

Since you still own one, and you are not THAT far from me, may I get a ride in yours some day?
I would like to at least get a ride in one, even if I cannot ever get one myself.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks