• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Model year on Reconditioned MK48's

jpinst

I have a reconditioned MK48. I can see on the reconditioning plate that it was done in 2008.

However, all the other plates have blanks for "date of manufacture."GL did not list a date on the sale invoice or web listing.

How can I find out the true date of manufacture? The plan is to register it as a historical vehicle.

Thanks

Dean

sandcobra164

It's most likely a 1985 model. Find a punch set, that's how the date was entered at time of receipt. Somebody dropped the ball when your truck arrived at it's first destination or the plate was replaced at some point.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The vehicle should of left the Oshkosh factory with the date punched into the plate. I'll bet the plate was replaced at some point.

jpinst

See, I am looking at historical vehicle plates (25 years or older) The GL description said nothing about the year, so i should put 1985 as the date when I ask of the title paperwork from GL I assume…..?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
What ever date you put on the SF-97 application will be on the title you receive from GL.

When you go register at the DMV they will issue you a title with that date on it.

When ever I do this at my DMV they always go out and check the data plate.

It would be a good idea if that date matched the date on the SF-97.

Hint....metal stamping sets can be bought.

jpinst

I just received an email from GL yesterday….it seems many of the MK-48's used the wrong Vin in their title, which is actually a contractor's serial number. Both of my trucks had the wrong VIN and I was asked to go out and check the VIN to certify it. This started because they issued me a 2007 title, which I sent back with a letter telling them that according to Oshkosh, they did not make these trucks in 2007 and you are using the overhauled date. They came back with yes, your trucks were made in 1985 and 1986 and can we please have the correct VIN? Whoa!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks