• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

77 m880 transfer case went south today.

redbeard

Guess the subject says it all. I found this listing at Saturn Surplus. Also, have a local tranny shop with a "good used one" for $275. I think the extra$100 would make it worthwhile. Any opnions? Anyone comingto CO skiing soon and want to help swap em?
heck, had to ask.
thanks
Myles

Government Rebuilt - Dodge 203 Transfer Case
Still in the crate from TOOLE Army Depot. MOPAR, 203 Transfer for the M880 Dodge or any 73-79 W200 equipped with the 727 Trans and Dana 44 front differntials without lock-out hubs. Includes rear output shaft yoke and the front output flange to bolt to front shaft.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I know a lot of folks here might disagree, but I wouldn't go through all the hassle of replacing a trasnfer case with an unknown unit.

I'd either get yours rebuilt or put a rebuilt one in it.

Too much work to pull one bad unit out and put another bad unit in (or, have your "new" unit fail next week).

citizensoldier

Not a master of these trucks by any sense of the word. But I would consider puting the part time kit in it when and if you rebuild it. Or try and find a NP205 gear to gear case. I think they will work but maybe Bob or someone else will chime in with the particulars.. My exspriance with the NP203 was not good. Bad mileage and broken chain from the full time operation. Just a thought because I feel it would be money better spent.

98hd

Re: RE: 77 m880 transfer case went south today.

citizensoldier said:
Not a master of these trucks by any sense of the word. But I would consider puting the part time kit in it when and if you rebuild it. Or try and find a NP205 gear to gear case. I think they will work but maybe Bob or someone else will chime in with the particulars.. My exspriance with the NP203 was not good. Bad mileage and broken chain from the full time operation. Just a thought because I feel it would be money better spent.
The dodge output for the 203 will only accept the 203. If you want to install a different t-case you will need to change the output housing and the outputshaft, which is a big ordeal.

I think there was a part time conversion kit on ebay.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks