• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FI-NAL-EEEEEEEEE...I've got some brakes again!

spicergear

I decided today was the day to try out my brake bleeding idea and hopefully get the pedal pressure back. I took a small electric fuel pump (one of the square cheap little buggers) hooked one end to a half gallon container with brake fluid in it and hooked the other side of the pump to a brake line that I had plumbed into the vent fitting on the top of the master cylinder. I took jumper cables from one battery and hooked them up to the fuel pump. It sat there and ticked along while I went around and cracked the bleeders open. I went around once and let each one push out fluid for a little while then went around again and opened them all up and let them all bleed out at the same time. I had fluid coming out of each one. Oh, and I cracked the fitting at the back of the master after reaching up beside the tranny and pumped the pedal. All in all I saw air come out of the left front and the right rear. Finally.

OH, then I went to a buddy's place (the guy that just bought his deuce) and we pulled a couple of things with his truck, he was happy, then I took a back road home and ended up pulling a pretty big tree off the road and used my new low mount bumper lugs and D-rings!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks