• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fall show in North Carolina

CGarbee

I saw that Zane had posted over on the www.G503.com website about the fall show in Hickory, NC so I thought that I would cross post it over here for him so that folks who like to plan WAY AHEAD can get this on the schedule...

The 2nd annual North Carolina Military Vehicle Show is scheduled for September 8, 2007. Last year we had a decent turnout, cool weather, and a great time with eleven vehicles total (1/4 ton up to 5 ton). Once again Propst Crossroads VFD will be hosting and serving concessions (Propts Crossroads is just Southwest of Hickory, NC). Vendors are encouraged to attend. We award a best of show plaque and may be adding some more award categories this year. If anyone has any questions contact Zane Gross @ 828-291-1243.

Hope to see some of you there.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd be interested. Hickory is 280 miles from me, about 6 hours by MV, but I've been to shows that were further.

CGarbee

Actually, the event is closer to Newton, NC than Hickory and we are talking the western part of NC...
It is not far off of US321 just south of the US321/I40 interchange...

Actual street address is:
Propst Crossroads Volunteer Fire Department
3169 Plateau Rd.
Newton, NC 28658
704-462-1460

It is the intersection of NC10/NC127
Take NC10 west from US321 to insection with NC127...

rgregj

Hope to have the deuce painted by then, (at least it will motivate me). Count me in I'll bring the truck either way, and keep us posted.

Greg

CGarbee

Will do.
Hope to see a bunch of you there this fall.
Meanwhile, I have a page on my website with photos from last year that will give everyone an idea of what the place looks like (and of the vehicles that appeared...).
I suspect that we can get a trailride organized in addition to the static displays, I'll ask Zane to check into it (he is the organizer and VFD member who is spearheading this...).

See:
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/photos49.htm

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks