• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

To Idenify, Soviet Periscope? What is it?

Fister

I brought this Periscope back from my First Deployment to Southern Afghanistan last winter, I found it during a mission in a weapons cache of old AKs and various junk. The bag was made from an old innertube and buried 3 feet below. I acquired it legally and have a memo from where my command allowed me to store it in the arms room and transport it Home. Can anyone Help me idenify it? it has foreign lettering on a battery plate.........."N N" or "M" -61AM and directly below.......
"N "backwards looking N" 6CT0255. Looking through it there are adjusting reticles for a soviet weapon. The Taliban personally used it against us probally for adjusting mortars with their spotters. If anyone know what this came off of I would greatly appreciate it:driver:PS Does anyone know what it is Worth?

Attachments

USSR

The sight periscope PP-61AM (ПП-61АМ)
The sight of PP-61AM is designed to monitor the area and pointing guns at the target. It has a 2.6-fold increase in the field of view 23 °.
BTR 60-70,BMP and other...

Attachments

123mack

A little more background. If you look carefully at photo two in USSRs' post, notice the recticle is in two parts. Above the left scale are the letters KPVT, for the tank version of the KPV 14.5mm machinegun. On the right the letters PKT for the 7.62mm PK tank version. Since these weapons are mounted in the turrets of the BTR series and the BRDM vehicles, the owner of either might be interested.
Open Joint Stock Company "V.A.Degtyarev Plant" / KPVT large-calibre tank machine-gun

BiffJ

I bought one on Ebay for about $20 too. That seems to be about the price they sell for. I've seen some advertised for a lot more but they stay advertised for a long time and show up again....These are also used in the BRDM-2. It sits in the turret and as noted is set up for the KPVT and the PKT mounted there.
I think the "what" from USSR was for your story. You said it had a cool background story and didn't tell us what it was.

Frank

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks