• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Civilian trailer modification

gbooth

A lot of you have modified your truck to be able to pull a civilian trailer by adding a receiver hitch. I went a different way by modifying the hitch on the trailer. I built up the channel in the front this type of trailer uses a bolt on hitch added some gussets and a ring to fit the back of the Duce M-sires pigtail a set of 24 volt lights and reduced the voltage for the trailer wheel brakes. I spent a day of welding halfa day wiring. I have pulled the trailer many miles and have not had any problems you can hardly feel it behind the truck. I can still pull it with my pickup with no problums.

Attachments

gbooth

From a place called Power stream part # PST-D24/13 $40.75 Been a while ago may be more now. I only use this on the brakes.

davesgmc

As for lights, if one wants to go really neat,,,youcan but the LED military typ lights from NAPA. They will work either 12 or 24 volt with no changes. I looked into pricing, they werent cheap though. I would love ot ahve a set for mine, but the money is the largest hurdle. They make the for front and rear of the truck, and also in side marker lights.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks