• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slant back in FL

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's got a NFA transferable minigun, them fellas got some CASH! HMMWVs go for $30K or so, but the last transferable M134 I saw sold in Small Arms Review magazine for $250,000. There's only about 12 in civilian hands...

Jimmy

I don't know him but that is a very good looking 1026 and is sporting my all time favorite weapon. That setup is way to cool!! Mike is right, those guys have deep pockets.

IRWFO

Year before last I got to fire a G.E. Minigun at Knob Creek. $300 for 400rds. It was to fastest money I ever spent but I have no regrets. It was AWSOME.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
wreckerman893 said:
I was told that the cost of firing a 7.62 mini-gun was $8.00 per second. :shock:
Depends what speed setting you're on, slow or high. High is 6,000 rpm, or 100 per sec. Where are you buying ammo for $8 for 100 rounds? Probably closer to $20 or $30 per second, but we're really splitting hairs here. Either way, running a minigun is very expensive, and spare parts are nowhere to be had - Dillon Precision which is the only current manufacturer of the M134 series minigun DOES NOT sell minigun parts to civilians, even small parts. Kinda goes against them being a firearms-friendly company that sells reloading components. But then again, it probably has something to do with their government contracts, they don't wanna lose them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks