• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ww2 jeep stolen

SmarT

My jeep was stolen Sunday morning from the Wal Mart parking lot in Parker. The link below contains some pics that I submitted to 7 news. They were taken last year (except for the one with the windshield down), but the only thing that has changed is the top and windshield are down and the defroster isn't on it anymore. I have told the police already but if anyone sees it please call me at 720-289-8547 and I will relay to the police detective on my case. There were two kids late teens to early twenties that could be seen by me in the video. They had a late model Dodge or Ford 4 door silver truck.

Has "war buggy" stenciled on one side, and "od honey" stenciled on the other. Serial number on frame and engine is 12977 and serial on data plate is mb303580. Has weld repair on the support bar for the tandem tow, tp 35 is stenciled under the light switch.

So far 7 news has been running the story WWII-Era Jeep Stolen From Walmart - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver and fox 31 is trying to get the video from the police and run the story as well. If you could get me get the word out more I would appreciate it. I have been posting on lots of forums but word of mouth helps as well.
http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2801585400103330474xVMVtv

SmarT, I hope for a speedy return of your beloved jeep and a just conviction of the scumbags. Please keep us all posted on any leads! I will keep a look out here on the east coast, you never know where she will turn up.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I know how much these jeeps mean to us. I pray that you get it back and it was just some sick joke.

Any chance of the security cameras catching the incident?

SmarT

Thank you so much everyone. I have posted on about 10 different forums and craigslist. I may have found someone who saw it driving around Monday morning about 9:10 AM going southbound on I25 just passing Castle Pines. It definitely wasn't keeping up with traffic, at most doing 50 MPH. Where was Highway Patrol??

F18hornetM

Is that model jeep like the M35's, M151's and M813's??? With no key, the average joe wouldnt know how to start one quickly. My point is, maybe it was somone who has some knowledge of these vehicles, versus some teens. Shoot most teens can't drive manual transmission anyway :driver:Any rate, good luck finding it.

SmarT

It's keyed but from the video it looks like they may have hot-wired it, but couldn't figure out about the foot starter so they push started it. I'm only guessing that because if the jeep they saw on I25 was mine then they figured the starting somehow and in the video they put it in neutral and pushed it out of the lot with their truck.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty bold to push a jeep out of a parking lot with a truck...

Good luck with it, my wife's 2007 wrangler was stolen several years ago but luckly was recovered in an auction yard 200 miles away... professionals had stolen 3 semi car carriers, then stole 4 tow trucks from the same company, went around in one night, filled the 3 semis, and hauled butt. FBI guy told me one went to get fake titles and new keys to be sold (the one Angie's jeep was on luckly) one went to a chop shop, and the other they caught in port being loaded into shipping containers.

I hate thieves. :deadhorse::tinkerbell:fat lady sings

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Let us know when they catch the jerks!
What chaps my arse about situations like this is that even if they catch the bung holes that did it they will get a slap on the wrist and the victim will have to pay for any damage the morons inflicted.

What this country needs is a justice system that exacts payback from the criminals in the form of a stretch at a prison farm where for several years they get to work the cost their crime off at 2 bucks an hour.

Tanner

What this country needs is a justice system that exacts payback from the criminals in the form of a stretch at a prison farm where for several years they get to work the cost their crime off at 2 bucks an hour.
Hey Possum-Dude!
We have a justice system program like this available already, courtesy of Sheriff Joe in Arizona! But his program pees-off certain segments of our society...

SmarT: here's hoping that this ends in a good way, with your Jeep turning up safe & sound. And the perps being found and made to pay a price.

'Tanner'

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Nevermind..!

Good luck, Hope they find the jeep and the shi/heads who stole it.

zout

Just to be politically correct I see this nothing more than what everyone else is starting to be told

Its a re-distribution of YOUR wealth - mostly known as an entitlement.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks