• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Army Motors and David Doyle

carmen

What a GREAT article that was in this months issue of Army Motors. The pictures alone were worth the price of the magazine. Is there a way that you can post some more of those pictures? The details were great and I am sure that Army Motors could not post all that were sent. I have been buying parts for this project IE brakes, fuel lines etc. Will I just can't wait to drive it. What I liked the most about the article was you had a chance to see how the M135 was put together, so as a restorer, all I would need to do is do it backwards.

Anyway just want to say thanks

Carmen

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
What month of Military Vehicles Magazine are you referring to? I only find it in the book store hit-and-miss. I need to just subscribe.

CGarbee

Not Military Vehicles Magazine this time but Army Motors... One of the publications from the MVPA. Worth looking at this time for David's article and some other photos from his collection (obtained from the National Archives). As I am letting my MVPA membership expire, I won't be getting Army Motors or Supply Line much longer, so I am glad to see some of David's work while I can.

Ethan: PM me you USPS address and I'll send you the subscription card out of my MV Magazine... Much better magazine overal than the ones that MVPA puts out IMHO.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I guess I did not read that too closely. I have only ever seen MVM around, so never heard of this other one that you get thru the MVPA.
Thanks for the offer CGarbee, but I have a few subscription cards already. I have just been a bit cheap recently.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
HI guys...

I'm glad you've enjoyed the article. If you want to see more of this type, drop an email to the Army Motors editor (email address is in the front of the magazine). Feedback from the readers is the only barometer any editor has to guide what they publish.

Army Motors ran all the photos I sent except one - it was a photo that showed part of the coversion of the plant for M135 production. I bought these photos on ebay years ago for the precise reason mentioned above - to help me restore my truck.

I'm on the road, again, I'll see about posting some pix in a week or so.

There will be another item or two of mine in each of the next few Army Motors...and for the faithful subsribers to Military Vehicles Magazine, or Classic Military Vehicles, I'm still supply material for each issue of those pubs as well - so I haven't "jumped ship".

Best wishes,
David

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Ethan,
Either post, or PM me, your mailing address and I'll get a copy of Army Motors (with the M135 article) coming your way.

Regards,
David Doyle

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks