• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water Trailer

FrankUSMC

I would say that the trailer is one that is an off the shelf purchase by the Navy for the Seabees. We just had one like it sell here at the DRMO at MCAS Cherry Point. I did not look at it, but it had those types of wheels on it. I was looking at an older one that was like it, but had wheels like those on a CCKW, it was made in 1961 for the Navy.
One of the few, Frank

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well well! Folks, welcome Wayne Harris to Steel Soldiers. Glad to have you join in here Wayne. Still trying to chart a course up to your place and spend a day.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
400 gallons of water weighs about 3350 pounds. Not including the tank and trailer weight. Seems a lot for the small tires and axle - that wheel bearing has got to be SCREAMING when it's loaded...

jatonka

Actually 400 gallons of water weigh 3192# exactly. Still does seem like a big load, but if tires are rated for at least 3000# each, trailer weighs about 2900#, total is about capacity of tires. I'll stick with 9.00x20's on my buffalo.

papercu

water tank

Hi Folks Thanks for the weclcome!
This unit is marked from the AirForce. It's a 1979 date so I'm guessing it was for the M880 trucks.
I've got pictures of one dated in the 60's with 16" rims so M37?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks