• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1400's on a unimog

Vintage iron

I was at the Weare Military vehicle rally and seen a unimog with supersingles on it. I think they were 15.50's. I am offering to anyone interested to help put 1400's on their unimog. I think it is very doable. I have the tires, the rims and the equipment to do the job right.

If anyone is interested let me know. I will sell you the tires half price and do the work at a reduced price. I just want to do it!

armytruck63

First of all, your post sounds just like a classfied ad and should be in with all the other classified ads. I'm just saying...

Secondly, I doubt a gasser Unimog has enough horsepower to run 1400's at highway speed. You would have to start downshifting like mad at any hint of a grade.

spicergear

Not sure what Mog you were looking at but a 15.50 or 395/85R20 at 46" is big and for any suspension articulation needs a 3" cab lift...I'm talking 406/416 trucks. Not so sure on the 1300 and up 'square cab' dealies though they have a little more room. Still a heavy tire on what's usually not a heavy HP truck.

saddamsnightmare

November 29th, 2012.

Muttandjeeps:

I would love to see how much of the original side slope articulation you have left with those tires...? What happens on a side slope when the tire contacts the fender, as it would seem to want to either tear the tire or flip the truck.... I had considered using 11:00X20 radials on my S404.114, but I was not willing to sacrifice the fenders nor does the M180 engine have much spare HP. I can handle the German 10.5X20 Uniroyal MPT's, but I have lost anoout 6 to 10 mph maximum speed, now I am very lucky to hit 50 even briefly and hills are an issue. Unimogs are very hard animals to fiit with replacement tires that are reasonable and can carry the load, as even an S404.114 demands a great deal of its tires off road. I would love to have a U1300L though, but they are yet too dear in the states.:-(

Have a good evening and stay safe!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks